Project Discovery: Needs more "carrots"

Oh… I see. That’s cute.

I made it past level 3500 on exoplanets. Could have spread that between 7 characters for 7x marshal but I decided to keep on plugging away on my main.
Yeah, sure, it would have been nice to get bigger and bigger rewards at level 1000, 2000, 3000. But, that wasn’t why I was doing it.
I’m currently about 525 in PD Covid and I’ll keep on trucking. Mind you given the hard cap I’ll max out on my main then go to my alt for a bit. so I’ll probably get more than 1 Marshal this time just because CCPs war on Bots is greater than their war on COVID (But that’s a different conversation).
I was hoping they would give out the same medals they did for the first version of PD (cell samples) for exoplanets, but alas they did not. nor do I believe they plan to.
IMHO the easiest way they can give you more “Carrot” is to just have the rewards repeat after level 650. Simple, easy done. Although if you remember in Exoplanets it was a year after it launched that they added the Marshal BPC to the rewards. so who knows maybe there will be a level 750 or 1,000 reward in the future.

1 Like

This raises an interesting point. Maybe PD should let you keep your level but reset your milestone progress once you’ve reached the last milestone as if you were at L1 again the same way Skyrim lets you reset skills by repeatedly using “Legendary” status on skill trees so you can keep increasing your attributes. This would be equivalent to restarting PD on a new character for the purpose of getting more rewards, except that you’d stay on the same character and raise your level further while still getting milestone rewards.

1 Like

Please don’t give CCP any ideas for implementing “prestige” into the game. The skill point grind is already bad enough as it is. The last thing we need is for them to get some light bulbs over their heads, and make players reset their skills for a fancy golden color instead of the usual grey in the character sheet, and an additional 1% efficiency bonus for doubling your training time.

I don’t think grind means what you think it does. You don’t even need to be playing to acquire SP.

If you are talking about PD specifically, you can get to 500 by drawing random shapes on the screen. It takes no skill at all. There needs to be some kind of barrier. And that barrier turns out to be time invested.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Project Discovery is a joke. It’s too easy and boring.

I can’t believe some of the others above in the threads are bragging they’re at lvl 3000 like that’s an achievement. :sweat_smile: Even mining is more interesting than PD and that’s saying a lot.
And they want medals for that HaHAAA!!!

Might as well give medals for logging in then.

1 Like

What do you mean? I was so excited I had to stop after three hours because my stiffy kept banging into my desk.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

Project Discovery also helps real-world scientists develop treatments for COVID-19 :man_shrugging:

Not really up to CCP to make it easier or harder. CCP can’t control cellular biology. Besides, scientists want to make this as easy as possible in order to get the most accurate results.

Quite subjective, isn’t it?

I mean, they’re helping to fight COVID-19, so why not give them recognition? The medals already exist in name and partial in visual form anyway.

1 Like

What I don’t understand is why some people feel the need to constantly post degrading comments and demean others in an attempt to make themselves appear better.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.