Proving Ground Reward Medal Critic and Solution

It is known to all, that medals bring honor and a meaning to a character. That is why many of us wear medals in RL, from our first ski-race we won as a kid, or for the Football championship we won, a medal is a symbol of pride and of “I am better than you, remember that”.

That is why I am starting a complaint about the Proving Ground Medal.

First of all, only top 10 get one. Really? By looking at their killcount, it can easily be concluded that the top 10 players (especially top 5) are either:

1. Living off unemployment
  2. Born Rich
  3. Still living with mommy and daddy who also pay the bills

But most likely, it is a combination of the 3 above. Those individuals, won a medal.

How about we commoners that also work, that also have to chase after women (or men for many?) in the little time we have left after work?

I think instead of top 10 Kill Count, a minimum killcount Medal should be introduced and only the top 3 players can get a special medal for all I care additionally.

For instance for BCs, perhaps a minimum of 10 wins. Remember, such a fight can drag out to 15 mins if both know what they are doing. So taking wins and losses into account, an easy 5-6 hour grind.

Just saying. Make it so that also the 99% out there that actually do not fit the 3 descriptions above, have a chance to get a medal too.

Carry on.

everybody gets a participation medal and nothing else . no hurt feelings , no boastful “I’m better than you” …

you want to lower the bar , to include youself, lower it all the way , and include everyone.

And when at it should also equalize the rewards so everyone who participates will get the same amount as those who don’t… it is only fair that way. :smirk:

It is known to all, that medals bring honor and a meaning to a character. That is why many of us wear medals in RL, from our first ski-race we won as a kid, or for the Football championship we won, a medal is a symbol of pride and of “I am better than you, remember that”.

That is why I am starting a complaint about the Proving Ground Medal.

First of all, only top 10 get one. Really? By looking at their killcount, it can easily be concluded that the top 10 players (especially top 5) are either:

1. Living off unemployment
  2. Born Rich
  3. Still living with mommy and daddy who also pay the bills

But most likely, it is a combination of the 3 above. Those individuals, won a medal.

How about we commoners that also work, that also have to chase after women (or men for many?) in the little time we have left after work?

I think instead of top 10 Kill Count, a minimum killcount Medal should be introduced and only the top 3 players can get a special medal for all I care additionally.

For instance for BCs, perhaps a minimum of 10 wins. Remember, such a fight can drag out to 15 mins if both know what they are doing. So taking wins and losses into account, an easy 5-6 hour grind.

Just saying. Make it so that also the 99% out there that actually do not fit the 3 descriptions above, have a chance to get a medal too.

Carry on.

1 Like

EveOnline is not finished in a day, plan for your New Eden future little by little with what ever time or isk you currently have, Focus on why you are not getting what you want when you want it and look for improvements on a small scale that can be broken into blocks.

If all that didn’t suit your style of tackling a problem then perhaps try the test server where items are 100 isk each and then just find time to practice?

1 Like

So you want a participation trophy…

1 Like

6 Likes

So someone who’s born rich, lives with mom and dad and collects unemployment?:sweat_smile:
You forgot “lives in the basement”

I agree. It will be called the “Mediocrity” medal. Go get it champ!:trophy:

3 Likes

Well, win 10 matches first. No easy task. But this crap with the dudes getting 1300 wins getting medals only is crap. I don’t mind if they get an additional medal, but medals should be handed out more generously here!

A medal is better. Wearing a trophy just looks silly.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Let me help you out with a little secret:

As you can see on the second image in the second post you can also create your own decorations aka medals. :wink:

Note: That you keep the decorations even after leaving the corp, the titles of course are corp bound.

We? No, not we, you. And you don’t have to. That is a conscious choice you’re making, so you have no one but yourself to blame for your lack of time, since this is a restriction you impose upon yourself willingly. The rest of us don’t have this problem you’re having, because we’re able to manage our priorities properly. Maybe you should stop feeling so entitled.

1 Like

Is somebody salty they didn’t get their participation award in a fictional videogame?

Maybe you should have thought about living off of unemployment, being rich and living in your mom’s basement before competing. That would have put you in the same level as the rest.

1 Like

I do.

But I have this little trick. It’s called time management and I spend my free time doing things that I enjoy. And if non-essential activity requires more time than I can devote to it, I don’t do it. And I’m not about to start a rant on an internet forum complaining about how I don’t have the time for it, and the developers should fix that problem for me by altering the activity to fit my schedule.

Creating own medal is for losers .

Nice try. This isn’t the year 2007 anymore.

1 Like

Congrats for having made it in life to one (or all) of the three points I mentioned earlier. :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Are you implying @Adrian_Vexier is a loser or something? :thinking:

1 Like