Hi and welcome to the Frontlines Wargame on Singularity!
A testing period for new features on Singularity should be familiar to everyone, however with Frontlines being such a significant undertaking we’re holding a wargame to encourage more sustained engagement with the feature while in testing and thus obtain more feedback than usual!
This wargame will be confined to the Amarr/Minmatar warzone in order to concentrate activity in one place and make it easier to monitor. For the purposes of the test we will simply regard the Amarr as the Blue Force and Minmatar as the Red Force. Hopefully this will make it more attractive to players who have strong connections to their Caldari or Gallente identities who would rather not fight for those other guys, even if it’s just on the test server.
Singularity is our public test server which contains the in-developement versions of upcoming features and changes for players to test out prior to their deployment to the live server (Tranquility).
Accessing Singularity is quick and easy and the necessary steps can be found here. Updating your launcher for Singularity only adds the necessary game files to your EVE folder; it won’t affect your Tranquility installation so you can still easily switch back and forth between servers.
Singularity also has its own set of rules which you should familiarize yourself with. One notable exception is that since this is an extended playtest of a specific feature which will rely heavily on PvP, the “Combat by consent only” rule is suspended within the Amarr/Minmatar warzone.
The last mirror from Tranquility to Singularity was on 16 September, so your character’s location, skills and assets on the test server will reflect those of your character on Tranquility as of that date.
Please refer to this news item for some information on how Faction Warfare gameplay has changed.
- 25 October - Frontlines Wargame announcement and forum post (the one you’re reading now).
- 26 October - Singularity will be taken offline at 13:00 UTC so we can prep the warzone. Singularity will reopen at 14:00 UTC which will be the official start of the wargame.
- 4 November - Wargame ends at 14:00 UTC when Singularity will be taken offline and we begin to analyse the result.
As mentioned previously, the wargame will take place in the Amarr/Minmatar warzone. Immediately prior to the start of the wargame control of the systems in the warzone will be reset to a balanced initial state to level the playing field for both sides:
For the Red Force, the constellations of Tiat, Essin, Angils, Huvilma, Hed and Aldodan plus the system of Ezzara (35 systems) will be placed under their control.
For the Blue Force, the constellations of Tandoiras, Sasen, Jayai, Eugidi, Vaarma and Semou (35 systems) will be placed under their control.
As this is on Singularity, each constellation contains at least one station that is fully stocked with all items for 100ISK each so access to materiel for your campaigns will be very straight forward.
Players who were already members of the Amarr or Minmatar militias on TQ as of 16 September should be able to just log in and go to work. FW players in Cal/Gal militias or players who aren’t involved in FW on Tranquility can log in on Singularity and enlist with either the Amarr or Minmatar militia in a matter of minutes.
For individual capsuleers enlisting in their preferred militia:
- Log into Singularity.
- Type /moveme in any chat window and then click on the “Move to” button beside either Amarr or Rens depending on which team you want to join in the window that pops up. You will then be teleported to the system you chose. If it does not work straight away give it about 10 seconds and then try again. (If you are the first person to visit the system since the last server reset it might need to be “woken up” by the server.)
- Dock up in a station owned by your preferred team faction.
- On the station services panel on the right locate the Factional Warfare icon and click it.
- On the Factional Warfare window that opens just click the “Enlist me” button at the bottom. Click the confirmation. Congratulations! You’re now a militia pilot. Make your way to the warzone!
For those who wish to enrol their entire corporation or alliance the steps are the same as above, you just click the appropriate button in the FW window. This action can only be performed by the CEO (corporation) or alliance executor (alliance). If you want your corp or alliance to be in FW on Singularity at the very beginning of the test you must enrol it prior to the server going down at 13:00 UTC on 26 October. Otherwise your corp/alliance will not be placed in FW until the next scheduled Singularity downtime at 05:00 UTC on 27 October.
Please be aware that in order to join a militia the character’s standing towards that Empire must be 0.0 or greater. In case of a corporation or alliance, the average standing of all members must be 0.0 or greater.
The objective for both sides is very straight forward: control as many systems in the warzone as possible by the conclusion of the wargame (14:00 UTC on 4 November). That side will be declared the winner.
We measure contribution by individual pilots and corps to the success of their faction in Loyalty Points accumulated.
- All capsuleers who accumulate any Loyalty Points for either side of the wargame during the testing period will receive a medal added to their character sheets on Tranquility as a token of gratitude for your participation.
Additionally the top 10 individual and top 5 corporation accumulators of Loyalty Points on both sides of the wargame during the testing period will also be rewarded on Tranquility:
Individuals will each receive:
- 1,000 PLEX
- 3 single-run Navy Faction BPCs (1 x frigate, 1 x destroyer and 1 x battlecruiser) from the faction of their choice (Amarr, Caldari, Gallente or Minmatar)
Corporations will each receive:
- 30 single-run Navy Faction BPCs (10 x frigate, 10 x destroyer and 10 x battlecruiser) from the faction of their choice (Amarr, Caldari, Gallente or Minmatar)
Only Loyalty Points gained through plexing will be counted. LP earned for PvP kills or running FW missions will not be counted to avoid farming.
If a player or corporation switches teams during the event and accumulates enough Loyalty Points to otherwise be eligible for prizes for both sides they will only receive the rewards for the side they gained the most Loyalty Points with. It is possible for an individual to earn rewards even if they are a member of a corporation which also qualifies for rewards.
You may encounter some bugs as a lot of new content has been added to Singularity in addition to the Frontlines feature. The best way to report bugs to us is by pressing F12 in the game client and clicking the Report Bug button and filling out the fields you are provided. Alternately you can submit a report at https://support.eveonline.com with the information, however the in-client report is the most valuable to us as it includes information about the state of your client in the submission.
UPDATE: You can leave comments about the wargame in this thread, however please direct your feedback about the Frontlines feature itself to this thread. Any comments posted here which pertain to Frontlines mechanics will be moved.
We understand that there is a lot going on right now in the respective warzones on Tranquility with the faction campaigns that are currently underway and we appreciate any time capsuleers can dedicate towards helping test the Frontlines feature on Singularity as well. For those of you who make your lives in New Eden outside of Factional Warfare that have had your interest piqued by the recent goings-on in low security space, this wargame will be a great opportunity for you to dip your toe into a new and exciting space vocation in New Eden!