Proposal for Rebalancing of the Suicide Gank

You need to read the Tao Te Ching before you understand “balancing”. You clearly do not understand it now.

It is not that I am a genius, but that I have some experience and some learning. You constantly try to use tricks of language to hide that fact that you lack both experience and understanding. Rereading either author’s “Art of War” or better yet the “Tao Te Ching” will help with learning. You must climb out from the solitude of your sire’s basement and interact with the world for experience.

:rofl: Again. It’s a book mate. Reading it does not mean you fully understand it and it certainly does not mean you can apply it to any situation and act as if you saying so makes it a fact. All these references do is make you seem like a teenage that finished reading it yesterday.

Yeah, that is abundantly clear.

That’s some top tier projection you’ve got going on there.

My friend, I don’t think you mean to misrepresent what i said on purpose, maybe you just forgot what you read, but you are including space outside highsec, to be clear newbe protection would only last till the edge off highsec, or become suspect, and fully turn off after 30 days, or 3 times suspect, or 1 highsec pvp.

But to address the highsec stuff you mentioned:

As warp-in in highsec: there’s already that, but nobody is gunna welp their ship to a corvette when they can just warp off, and seeing someone already parked waiting is a great tipoff for miners. Stealing drones… wait what? what stealing are you talking about? I need more drones

And bumping, wasn’t there an update that limits the amount of time you can be stuck aligning? I remember hearing about this a few years ago, plz tell me if I’m mis remembering. And people can already bump, would the value of bumping people go up if newbies cant die? i don’t see it.

And invuln ppl siting as scouts: in highsec they can already do that, who gunna waste a ship on a corvette? and there’s cloaking for every other situation like normal ppl. cant even use the new de-cloacker in highsec

Thanks for your feedback,
Any more holes in my theory I would love to hear more!

Because his definition is the correct one.

Plus, I find it truly absurd in any case that you try to boil the entire complexity of Eve down to the definition of one word. What the hell does it even matter what ‘counterplay’ means ? It is little more than a crazy semantic ploy by you to get round the fact that people can avoid being ganked.

So you bring up ‘counterplay’ every 5 minutes, like the dormouse in Alice In Wonderland frequently popping its head out the tea pot, really as a ploy to get out of facing the word avoid.

It’s just the same old silly Lucas word games. There is zero actual debate from you. Everything ends up being 547 posts of you arguing that the Moon is made of cream cheese if you define cheese according to your definition…and you deliberately trying to restrict debate to your chosen words.

1 Like

Me “About the abuse of hauling, well i think it would be a small price to pay”

What is it you think I need to understand? I’m willing to hear you out, but this gives me no direction for improvement or change.

And yeah, I was talking about player retention, and how it should be favored for at least limited amount of time, over accounts under 30 days being able to get destroyed. Are you able to say what you have a problem with?

Well then if you can apply it, apply it. That is what we are asking.

“The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing.”

From the top of the tallest tier to the subaqueous bottom of a pier, you need more experience before you should feel eligible to tell others what to do.

I apologize if I missed that you wish to limit your 30 day invulnerability to only high sec. I did miss that.

I still think that it is going to break high sec hauling to the point where the ganking game play will be eliminated entirely. I know that I for one, would constantly abuse it.

You do realise that most of the accounts in Eve that are under 30 days old are not genuine noobs ? That is pretty much a mathematical certainty, as a genuine noob will be focusing on one character in one account…whereas older players like myself can easily create 3 ‘new’ characters in an alpha account within minutes. In the past year alone, I have created 5 new characters that were not genuinely under 30 days old in terms of experience. And given the sheer number of alt accounts, the new characters created by older players almost certainly outnumber genuine noobs by a large amount.

1 Like

It’s not though.

:rofl: :rofl: Are you on crack? I’m clearly not the one doing this. I used the word “counterplay” to explain how I think that ganking should be a mechanics with gameplay on both sides and you and you’re little mates started foaming and the mouth and screaming “THAT’S NOT MY DEFINITION!!!” at me.

:rofl: If you look back at every single time you claim this has happened it’s been you screaming about the definitions. What seems to happen is I’ll make a statement, you’ll realise you have no counterargument so you’ll pick on word and claim I’m using it wrong, then you’ll start whining about it. And because the gankers here love to dogpile you get your stupidity reinforced by them patting you on the back.

Then go back to blocking me. Yet another thing you quit because even something as simple as not responding is too taxing for you. As entertaining as it is to watch you flounder around I’m more than happy for you to stop responding if you’re too distressed by people disagreeing with you.

As I’ve already stated it can’t be applied because it’s a completely different context. This is a video game and the creation of ongoing competition is the goal.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: It is HILARIOUS to see you claim something is a mathematical certainty when just yesterday you were failing to understand very basic math.

How many new players create one character, play it for a short while then quit? And where are you getting those figures from?

I think we need people like you who abuse mechanics and make it public, thats how the devs can find them and fix what needs to be fixed or start calling it a feature, like the MWD+cloack tick.

If we did have an influx of people under 30days using hauling ships we would get to evidently see the cost effectiveness and efficiency opportunities that new players have starting out, if suddenly there were vets using young toon options.

And about the auto piolet abuse, your right, but… i think it would look cool XD
i dread the day where everyone is a vet and you can’t see anyone flying around besides warping off gates for a sec, because everyone is cloaked.

Side Note:
If there was something that would make ppl say “auto piolet would be good for that” but wouldn’t give something over valued ect. It would be nice to see more ships go about their business to make Eve feen alive, like going through some parts of null will make you believe what people say about Eve dying. Like if streamers could turn auto piolet on and leave it going around Eve with the Ui off to show some scenery, and maybe watch a gank happen XD. just theory crafting

Yes, vets might be able to gain from the changes meant to protect new players.
Tell me if I’m missing your point, but I don’t see why that has to prevent buffs for new players, eve will continue to grow, but some places more quickly than others and as we’ve seen with investment into new player experience, new players are a focus for dev time investment (btw the 30 invuln feature only should last till the tutorials catch up to what is actually in the game, i.e. ganking simulations, not just explanations of combat mechanics). In the spirit of getting some more time under the belt of new players to give them some good experiences and investment

If you implied more, but i dint understand, plz more directly say what do you think would happen that’s so bad?

Again Lucas, you constantly make these statements that just are not true, and then use weasel words to twist out of people calling you on it. You really don’t understand the word context.

I have applied it repeatedly to my actions in the game. I am constantly AFK mining, and hauling Billions of isk of stuff around, and have never once been suicide ganked.

When I am hauling my load full of republic fleet capacitor batteries from one market to another, I am specifically trying hard not to be content, as the vets in EvE say. I am creating competition, in the market. I am also defeating my competition (suicide gate gankers) by being like a fox and avoiding the traps, and by being like a lion and scaring away the wolves. (Please reread Machiavelli, you really can learn something from him).

It is so weird for you to say how one can’t do something that I do every time I haul stuff around. Do you tell plumbers that they can’t possibly connect two different pipes together so they act as one?

Just because you can’t do it does not mean it can’t be done.

(edited cus I spel gud)

1 Like

I am always surprised at the notion that the vets who have been playing this gave for over a decade now won’t use alpha accounts alts for their own benefit.

I specifically use alpha accounts for scouting, and other mildly nefarious goals I won’t admit to. As Lucas says, I am not a genius, so I assume everyone does this.

I appreciate that you are trying to find ways to “fix” the ganking issue, but it really will hurt the high sec hauling economy to create invulnerable alts.

I still stand that if there is a problem, it needs to be solved by education rather than drastic changes to game play that has run for well over a decade now.

edited to add: Please keep in mind that as long as alpha accounts are free, giving alpha accounts 3 days, 30 days, or an infinite amount of invulnerability is the same thing.

1 Like

Not true, but by all means if that’s what you need to think kiddo, you go right ahead.

Congratulations, so do loads of people, but that doesn’t suddenly mean avoidance is counterplay. You’re specifically avoiding having to engage in counterplay.

When did I say you can’t avoid ganks? I didn’t at any point say you can’t avoid ganks. Quite the opposite, I said that you can only avoid ganks because there is no option for counterplay. It’s bad game design to have a mechanic in an MMO where the only viable course of action is to avoid engaging with other players.

No it wouldn’t. Logistics is a tiny fraction of the overall economy and for the most part the costs to haul are to do with people not being interested in training up an alt and have it jumping slowly through a gazillion gates. Hauling is only really there as a time sink, to stop you being able to instantly move everything from A to B.

It’s not running well though. They are losing players by the bucket load and as far as I know, according to PA financials are losing money. Changes are needed to bring in and retain more players and while gankers claim the entire universe would fall apart if they ceased to exist, the reality is that there have been far more drastic changes that didn’t kill off the entire economy.

I have a little dreidel

I made it out of clay

And when it’s dry and ready

Then dreidle I shall play!

Oh - dreidel, dreidel, dreidel
I made it out of clay
and when it’s dry and ready
Then dreidel I shall play!

Keep trying to spin your narrative Lucas!
Spin it like a top that just won’t stop.

You know you’re not convincing anyone here when you constantly use your little word tricks to try to change the topic and spin out of what you said a couple posts before.

1 Like

It’s kind of curious how in the past, he’s told me that I’m basically no-skill trash, and that if I wanted to do “real PvP,” I should come down to null-sec to fight the “real PvPers” instead of “clubbing baby seals” like I’m doing now. And now all of a sudden he’s mocking other players for “sitting in a fleet pressing F1 on command” and comparing it to AFK structure-bashing.

Alzheimer’s? Dementia? Just being an asshole? Maybe a bit from column A and a bit from column what were we talking about again?

2 Likes

He has explained to me that he has fluid definitions or words, and poor dumb Americans like myself should give up on the idea that words have actual concrete meanings.

From your list of three choices, I suspect it is mostly #3, but who knows, maybe words really don’t mean anything to him, and he can change them in his head at will?

You got that proof or

You got that proof or

Also you’ve stated in the past you hope ganking increases so CCP shuts down EVE and finally allows you to quit because you lack the willpower to do so. Did that change or

ROFL. They fit perfectly in EVE and any game like EVE. See, I get you think you’re being smart but when you say things like this, it makes you seem very much the opposite :smiley:

Bro, we are his only social interaction LOL.

Well. I also have some ideas why he doesn’t like them either :smiley:

And you fully understand it enough to say he’s wrong? It cuts both ways bruv :smiley:

But yes, all of those books are definitely applicable when it comes to EVE. I guess you don’t understand PvP as well as you thought hm?

My guy, he already laid it out for you. You realize peeps can generate endless alpha accounts right?

My guy, you realize there is a difference between a new char and a new player right? And with alpha accounts now, it is impossible to tell the difference.

It won’t do anything for player retention. It’ll make things super crazy LOL. Hell. having an invulnerable scout alone will be a huge advantage.

Peeps were crying about shuttles in null not too long ago. Can you imagine what they’ll do once they got an invulnerable scout? ROFL.

You realize he’s gotta Google that right? :smiley:

You might as well be a Flat Earther at this point bruv :smiley:

LOL, you demanding data is a lark. You never provide proof. You really think you can demand it? ROFL.

I think you’re getting confused between me and her. It’s alright bruv. You get emotional :smiley:

Avoiding is literally the counter ROFL. Yennoe, you get that absolutely no one agrees with your theory right? That should tell you something :smiley:

This right here literally made me laugh out loud, like for real for real. I mean keep re-reading it until you get what you said ROFL. You can only counter the gank because there are no gank counters ROFL.

Man. You simply cannot make this stuff up.

Mmm, a ton of wars have been won by making sure your forces aren’t where the enemy thinks they are :smiley:

Cept ganking isn’t the reason they are leaving and you’ve never been able to prove otherwise :smiley:

We all know why they leaving bruv :smiley:

Real talk? I think he def got some stuff going on. And although its fun to farm him for content and just makes me have the lulz in general, I really do feel pity for him man.

Honestly, I feel sorry for him. You can tell he is somewhat intelligent, but super bad social skills. He’s attempted to learn how to mimic I’m sure, but I’m sure it often goes wrong. He doesn’t have a lot of real life friends or meaningful relationships, hence his unhealthy obsession with EVE.

In a way, we are his only friends. He needs the attention. You saw how he shut down once we stopped giving it to him :smiley: It made him spiral into much more bombastic posting.

But I feel bad if I don’t reply :smiley: We are literally his reason for existing. In a way, us interacting with him is like an act of charity really.

1 Like

At no point have I ever suggested that sov null fleets are skilled PvP It’s mind numbingly boring and just an unfortunate necessity when you need trading characters in sov groups with mandatory ops for logistical purposes. You can get some decent quality small gang PvP in low and NPC null though as well as roams in sov null.

1 Like

Yeah i got that, what i was trying to get him to explain was how he thinks it will be abused, you seem to agree with him. How do you Think accounts (not characters) under 30 days old would be abused? I legitimately want people’s ideas. I thought it would let them experience PvE for a bit, but people keep bringing up scouting in highsec like you can’t already do that safely, so i don’t really get what you guys are thinking.

But for hauling small valuable things, it would probably need like a max est value of cargo hold then turn off for that ship when you undock with that much, but with a warning of turning off that would count towards one of the 3 strikes when going suspect.

This is a legitimate concern i forgot to tie it in during my original post that involved opportunities for pirates to self-identify as pirates in Local character list, newbros would have to be identified, not just for people hunting to not wast time, but so that we can have comunity activites for newbros, similar to how we have areer agents and special logon rewards for new accounts already.

Can we at least agrre the the initial fiew months of peoples play time realy effect how they progress and see eve?

If we let them enjoy that initial time they experience in eve and grow new player investment, even if getting ganked is easier and happens more often, experience people will keep roling with the punches, and new players will have had the chance to become experienced.

my original post wasn’t even about suicide gank, an ISD just mixed it into this thread, I want more variety of ganking, just not to uneducated players (did u see the part about how the newbie protection should be removed after they get tutorials that include at least the bullet points of flying safe from gankers, but ideally simulations of getting ganked)

I’d like to hear your ideas too, and if you think I’m wrong, then I’d also like to know why you think that.