[PROPOSAL] Mouse Cursor Size Scaling

/signed (and maybe change color on it as well) :smiley:

1 Like

Same experience as mentioned by others, I am not subscribing/playing due to this.

The mouse cursor is such a fundamental part of using a computer that it gets totally overlooked by the devs.

Unfortunately the result is, those of us with high-DPI displays (an increasing number) canā€™t play the game :frowning:

2 Likes

I constantly lose my cursor on 2 x 4k 32" monitors. I had to turn on the windows cntrl key function which highlights your cursor position in circles. Please enable a cursor over ride for a black cursor or something to that effect.

2 Likes

With my current eye issues having the cursor scaling or resizing would be handy

4 Likes

Is there any plans to address players concerns with regards to the size of the cursor issue? It would seem that some players with 4K monitors would like to see some customization ability of the cursor as well as those with less than perfect vision.

2 Likes

Any update with this mouse thing? Just got 2 x 4k monitors and the cursor is a little bitsy spec. I can see it but its hella annoying.

1 Like

Still useless, sigh ā€¦ Well itā€™s been 3Ā½ years now, guess CCP just doesnā€™t care ā€¦
Soon-to-be-former-playerā€¦

1 Like

Still a thing :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah, feels like an obvious thing to do. I lose my cursor all the time now that I use 4k and itā€™s just really annoying. Any other game I play that lets you scale the UI also lets you scale the cursor, this is the only one Iā€™ve played where thatā€™s not an option.

2 Likes

Dear CCP. I would realy love to know what the problem with increasing the Cursor-Size seems to be. Is something essential in the way of giving this littel enhancement to your players?

Pleaseā€¦ it is very anoying to loose the cursor when you have a high res monitor.

Reinstalled and recovered my login after 9 months. Quickly remembered why I gave up the game as unplayable - this single reason. Too bad, loved the game, not going to buy a low-res monitor specifically to run it though

1 Like

I love this game. but the squinting to see this tiny mouse cursor has ruined the enjoyment. and i have put some put bucks into this gameā€¦and that really hurts. I have to quit also, and check in every once in a while to maybe see a normal to larger cursor.

2 Likes

Made even worse with Nexus. Seriously, itsy bitsy white cross hair on a white background. Pure joy to play. I havenā€™t participated in a single Nexus thing because itā€™s too much of a pain in the tail to see what Iā€™m doingā€¦

2 Likes

I came here to say this. It is so annoying. I have turned on the Locate Mouse Cursor with Ctrl, but it is still super annoying. There should be some control over sizing the cursor or give us some options to pick from.

Also, the fonds should have a black outline for when they are on a white background. Half the time now I canā€™t see the letters unless I rotate my camera so the background is darker.

2 Likes

Yo, Iā€™m so glad itā€™s not just me with the mouse cursor scaling. A real PITA trying to find it when the sky box is mostly white.

2 Likes

Lol, you donā€™t have to buy a lower resolution monitor to player lower res. You have many options with a 4K display:

1. Fullscreen and reduce the in-game resolution to 1920x1080
  2. Windowed / Fullscreen Window - Turn on HIDPI compatibility mode for the game to play in 1920x1080 on a 4K desktop.
    3ā€¦ Windowed / Fullscreen Window - Reduce the desktop resolution to 1920x1080

I am having the same problem, I have a 3800 By 1400 monitor ui set to 200 percent, and I cant find my mouse, I also dont see very well, did you ever find a solution

1 Like

Itā€™s still a problem 3 years after
On top of that, having a small cursor with an ui scaled make bracket in space scale too but you canā€™t see the name properly when you move your cursor on it, it will blink, you have to aim for the center of the circle to actually make it appear consistently. So itā€™s a bug on top of a lacking crucial feature (itā€™s better to focus on NPE CCP, fixing the cursor isnā€™t a priority at all for retention :smart:)

1 Like

Scaling for a mouse would be great for a 4k laptop. Itā€™s taken months to try getting used to it. It can still feel risky when it counts though.

1 Like

/signed

Still a struggle, and itā€™s only going to get worse for Eve players as more move to higher quality displays. Better to fix now than have the game lose population.

1 Like