Proposal - null local changes

Why is that a problem? I like free stuff.

1 Like

I don’t honestly know why that is a problem, perhaps the people who complain about local are just not made for Eve…

1 Like

It results in more stagnation in NS than its absence would.

Evidence, or even a reasonably coherent argument that supports this claim?

1 Like

The free automatic intel telegraphs an incoming/present potential threat.

Imagine if game animals had a free automatic intel update whenever a hunter enters their territory, rather than relying on precautions/instincts and their own senses.

And the intel also telegraphs the presence of the prey.

Intel works both ways. It works just as much for the benefit of the hunters as it does the hunted. In practice, it works more in favour of the hunters because you don’t have to spend time in every system scanning across it to see if there is anything active in space.

Local makes hunting faster and increases opportunities for conflict. It does the opposite of make NS more stagnant and the argument above is in every way just as equaivalent as the argument you presented.

What you wrote in no way shows you are right.

Here is the breakdown of characters by area of space:

Nullsec has about 3 times the number of players compared to wormhole space.

I’ll run some queries to look at the total destruction between null and j-space, but as an initial indication, this is the destruction value by security status for 2013:

There are only 5 wormholes with enough lost to even be named on the graph. That’s slightly out of date and not necessarily indicative for 2017, however at least in 2013, the lack of local didn’t mean more destruction; and that was at a time when null really was stagnant. It’s far less so now.

I’ll post the figures back here when I have them, but it’ll be a few hours.

1 Like
  1. See unknown enter system. Immediately get safe.
    Hell, you even get warning before they even arrive in system through gate.
    Its inane to not recognize that Local is a greater boon to prey, than predator.

2. Your WH comparison is also inane. You havent managed to demonstrate that WH rate of conflict wouldnt be even lower if Local existed there.

3. Its intuitively clear that Local is a safety mechanic. That WHs are dangerous SPECIFICALLY because of its absence is proof positive of that.

The irony. No, all I have shown is the actual fact that conflict is not greater in the absence of local (and data is still being pulled to show more recent figures).

You’ve not ever once demonstrated that conflict would be greater without local. It’s just the usual butthurt hardon you have for nullsec and your poor understanding of the game.

At least try to validate what you claim, rather than just claim it. Everytime I’ve looked to see if you are correct, the data doesn’t support it.

The one thing that should be done is remove the safety mechanics on Citadels and that would be fine if it was just nullsec.

That’s one area where wormholes lead the destruction stats in the game. More citadels are destroyed in j-space than anywhere else. The only difference between j-space and the rest of space in that regard is that loot drops and that seems to encourage more aggression. Not relevant to this thread though, since local is irrelevant in that.