Proving of Kybernauts for Glorification in the Flow Unfolds

That would exclude a lot of people from participating, since there were no 1v1 formats until now and event 6, only 1 free for all. I am fine by doing that in an FFA, but not in XvX formats, as long as all alts are in the same team.

This is going to happen from event 4 on. Also includes pirate implants.

Generally speaking, I dont like these restrictions, especially the module one. CCP should rather do an elo based leaderboard to give less experienced players and players with less time to play a realistic chance to get to the top 100. Even after that change, time is still the most important factor. ISK does not buy you pvp skills. From the old arena I remember cases where a 300 mil Orthrus blapped a 5b Ikitursa. And in the Destroyer FFA 4 cheap destroyers ganked a 5b Sunesis. So, the change CCP should do is to make an elo based leaderboard and not restrict modules.

If that should still happen, then there should be an alternative option which is unrestricted in terms of modules and implants. They should either bring back the old 1v1 arena, or take a look at Abyssal Hawk’s iteration here: Burner proving grounds as a replacement/relaunch for the old 1v1 arena at the end of abyssal sites
Increasing loot value with increasing chance to get a fight sounds like a decent concept.
Also, from what I read on reddit and on DEV Streams, more and more players want a permanent 1v1 option.

What would also be great for events that are less popular like the Slicer 3v3, make it so, that if you spent 5 minutes in the queue, you get taken to an empty arena, with a 5 minute timer on the cache, just like in the old arena. If no one enters withing the next 5 minutes, you can take the loot and leave, otherwhise fight. Sitting in the queue for hours with no match sucks. This would also lurk people in that think they can get free loot, which should increase popularity.

2 Likes