Proving of Kybernauts for Glorification in the Flow Unfolds

Just because you pay to eat at the Ritz doesnt mean you are entitled to order McDonalds hambugers, either.

CCP makes zero revenue from people watching other people play the game. Liking to watch doesn’t mean they want to play. Boxing fans, for example, are almost universally opposed to getting in the ring themselves, but they love it when someone else gets the crap beat out of them.

For future events of this kind it would be nice if the distances of the ships to each other at the start would vary. Maybe the ships could be randomly distributed between 500 m and 50 km. This way, short-range and long-range weapons would have the same randomly based chances.

This seems to have become bluelysian litteraly vs people that just want to pvp high risk so what if they want that? like if you dont want to do it dont, dont trash us because we enjoy blowing up billions get a rush, who are you to judge me for getting my rocks off… like i just dont get why you care this much for content that other players want…

Are you sure you answer the right message ? And what i wrote there was fact + if CCP does whatever players want this game goes into oblivion… is another fact . Dont personalise. Keep it civil.

First off I would like to say that I was greatly disappointed when the FFA destroyers arena was over. I have never had so much fun in eve! I only have one complaint. Imperial navy slicers have gone up to 21 mil / per. Is CCP going to be providing an influx of slicers or is it going to be a free market kind of thing? (I bought 40 just incase)
Anyway, I cant wait to see whats coming next.

1 Like

Why would they?

1 Like

Destroyer FFA Feedback

I really enjoyed the event. I have a couple of thoughts on small improvements.

• Chat, the event felt kind of empty because there was no background chatter, a single event chat you get invited to on first entering the arena and leave half an hour after you leave would allow for some banter, gf’s and sharing of fits.
  • Scoreboard
    • it would be nice to see your portion of the ranking as well as being able to see the top 100. To see who’s got a similar win rate.
    • You could show the losses for other’s too although I can’t check if you do already do this because:
    • You have removed the scoreboard already so I can’t even find out my final ranking! Leave the previous event’s scoreboard up for a while so I can find out how (badly) I did.
  • 10 T1 frigate ffa please!
2 Likes

:red_circle: God, sod off with your dumb Devs go into proving grounds ads.

whats the problem with proving grounds?

btw the next events have been announced on twitch:

1. T1 Battlecruiser 2v2
  2. Rookie ship 5v5
  3. Caldari navy ship 2v2 - first event where t2 ships are allowed

Also, Mdules with metalevel >5 and pirate implant sets are no longer allowed :frowning:

that would have been ok if CCP kept the old arena

1 Like

Nothing for solo players in the latest events :frowning:

1 Like

you could dualbox battlecruisers

I thought that it was mentioned in the dev blog that they want to do 1v1. So maybe event 7-9 will have a 1v1 format or another free for all.

By the way, Slicer 3v3 seems not to be popular at all, no kills since 2:16 on zkill.

Noone is running 3v3’s. Sat in que for 20 mins and nothing. I think it is a big mistake not letting randoms que up solo and putting people in teams. Don’t understand why this is NOT a feature. It would be awsome if you could que up alone and get matched with two other random people. I think it would improve the popularity a lot!

1 Like

will corvette 5v5 allow t2 drones? if so then that pretty much makes the velator the only viable choice

I second this, with the addition of automatically putting you in a chat with your team that’d be great!

bad idea.

youll just lose if you go in random like that. Also people have been rolling into the ring their alts and would rig your team to lose if you get one of them.

My feedback is:

1. Ban all drugs completely.

2. Ban all implants, except the following:

Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Power Grid Management EG-601
Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Power Grid Management EG-602
Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Power Grid Management EG-603
Zainou ‘Gypsy’ CPU Management EE-601
Zainou ‘Gypsy’ CPU Management EE-602
Zainou ‘Gypsy’ CPU Management EE-603

1. Forbid the multi boxing of alts. Enforce through some means not defined in this post.

2. No modules to exceed tech 2 in strength. No abyssal modules allowed.

That would exclude a lot of people from participating, since there were no 1v1 formats until now and event 6, only 1 free for all. I am fine by doing that in an FFA, but not in XvX formats, as long as all alts are in the same team.

This is going to happen from event 4 on. Also includes pirate implants.

Generally speaking, I dont like these restrictions, especially the module one. CCP should rather do an elo based leaderboard to give less experienced players and players with less time to play a realistic chance to get to the top 100. Even after that change, time is still the most important factor. ISK does not buy you pvp skills. From the old arena I remember cases where a 300 mil Orthrus blapped a 5b Ikitursa. And in the Destroyer FFA 4 cheap destroyers ganked a 5b Sunesis. So, the change CCP should do is to make an elo based leaderboard and not restrict modules.

If that should still happen, then there should be an alternative option which is unrestricted in terms of modules and implants. They should either bring back the old 1v1 arena, or take a look at Abyssal Hawk’s iteration here: Burner proving grounds as a replacement/relaunch for the old 1v1 arena at the end of abyssal sites
Increasing loot value with increasing chance to get a fight sounds like a decent concept.
Also, from what I read on reddit and on DEV Streams, more and more players want a permanent 1v1 option.

What would also be great for events that are less popular like the Slicer 3v3, make it so, that if you spent 5 minutes in the queue, you get taken to an empty arena, with a 5 minute timer on the cache, just like in the old arena. If no one enters withing the next 5 minutes, you can take the loot and leave, otherwhise fight. Sitting in the queue for hours with no match sucks. This would also lurk people in that think they can get free loot, which should increase popularity.

2 Likes