Proving of Kybernauts for Glorification in the Flow Unfolds

in the <10 podcast you mentioned you are open for new ideas - battleship 2v2s or 3v3s could be very interesting just because of the frigate escape bay

1 Like

which podcast?

I have an idea for less popular events:

What about making it so, that if you dont get matched after 3 minutes, you automatically enter an empty arena with the cache having a 5 minute timer on it? Just like the old proving grounds. Then people would enter just because they think they can get free loot from it and thus increasing the chance of a fight.

I know this matchmaking system brings back the first come is first to get the fight like the old arenas(which still need to come back or get replaced by the system I posted here), but sitting in queue for hours without getting matched up sucks.

3 Likes

This is a much needed addition to PVP content in EVE, but I would prefer to be able to select whether to do a 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, or FFA at any time rather than wait for specific days within a vast timeframe. I understand the desire to rotate the meta and keep things fresh, but not all of us have friends online to fly with at any given time. I, for one, would love the ability to solo when desired, or hop into a 2v2 with a trusted friend whenever I want, rather than being forced into a specific group size.

If I had the ability to do 1v1, 2v2, or FFA whenever I wanted, this would become one of the best features ever for EVE. PVPers would not have to roam around low or null looking for fights. Just my two cents, because honestly, the part I hate the most about EVE is the time wasted. Now I get to wait days or weeks before I get an event that I actually want to do.

You could easily rotate the meta while still giving options to the group size. For example, the meta might lock us into flying around rookie corvettes, but we could pick our group size freely. I’d much prefer that than the current system.

Alternatively, give us the ability to join the que no matter our fleet size, and to be matched up with others to create a full size fleet appropriate for the event. In this way, you’d solve your que problem and also allow pilots who do not have access to a large pool of friends to participate at any time.

1 Like

From the feedback that I see so far on the event, there isn’t the population to have multiple formats unfortunately, let alone different group sizes.

So they indeed either have to agree on one format that will be the be-all-and-end-all of formats, or indeed do the thing of seasons where you have a rotation of formats.

This content is very very very bad, how come this content is still with a bad leaderboard based on win without counting any lost? What is this shitty ranking and shitty comps ? No competition only no life ranking!

CCP! bring back the old pit because this content completely sucks , could be compared to CCP skill at PVP, like FKing inexistant!

Stop building haft content, engage yourself and make great things, bring back removed content!
-> https://abysra.com/

4 Likes

Your wrong, this content is not run by most of the old pit players. In fact, a lot of them stop playing EVE. We had a 365 day a year pit, replace by events with freaking bad formats.

And Why this content is always from friday to monday! WTF with you CCP!

• some players work on weekends, we also have a life out of EVE!
6 Likes

Stop posting

1 Like

So, hey, uhm… @CCP_Dopamine, @CCP_Delegate_Zero, @CCP_Convict, @CCP_Aurora

The Invasion’s supposed to hit its Zenith in Q3, right? I mean, that’s the big thing with the Quadrants, right? Things happen in their Quadrant… and the Zenith should be, you know, the real ‘OMG THIS IS IT!!!’ stuff. The real high-water mark. The climactic confrontation.

Right?

I’m only askin’ cuz there’s only 2 weeks left in Q3, and everything I’m seeing from the people actually doing the invasions is… straight up repetitive grinding, over and over again. Same stuff. No developments. Nothing actually interesting since Niarja.

A month ago.

Soooo… uhm… you guys have a plan, right? I know it’s not really fair to ask that of Dopamine, Convict, or Aurora, but Community Managers. Kinda ‘face tank the players’ right there in the job, alas.

So… y’know… I’m just curious. Will there actually be a ‘Zenith’ in Q3, or will Q4 be ‘EVEN ZENITHIER!!’, or some kind of anti-climactic slow trail-off of things? What’s the deal, guys? Mebbe ‘Q4: MAGNAVOX’? I dunno.

3 Likes

ccp having a plan and not just throwing darts at a wall to see what sticks would be new

2 Likes

Will there actually be a ‘Zenith’ in Q3

I can’t say whether or not it will be reached exactly within this quarter, but a ‘zenith’ is indeed being approached.

I can say no more - Any further information about what that means is left up to you all to discover.

3 Likes

The 3rd quadrant probably doesn’t end until October 13 - based on prior quadrants starting the 2nd Tuesday of the month. It will be interesting to see how we get a Zenith event plus player agency in the same package!

Since people can’t read title/subject, just pushing back this … to the bottom.

scrub get good and stop being angry you suck and ccp killed your shitty website and feature <10 people used/enjoyed. This is far superior

What? You don’t like World of Space Ships? /s

Edit: I just went and read the dev blog. I thought I was joking about the World of Space Ships thing but it seems it was more accurate than I thought. That moment when you realize EVE now has a Guild Wars 2 element. :worried:

in short: BRING ON JITA.

Yeah, don’t expect that. CCP hasn’t gone to all the effort of the new Jita 4-4 model to risk Jita going liminal and getting cut off before the new station’s even fully assembled.

1 Like

Totally forgot to thank you on the heads-up yesterday, @CCP_Aurora, but thank you. As a follow-up:

Is there going to be a World News post to follow this? World News still doesn’t actually show (not even a link on the sidebar!) on the Articles page, or in the launcher feed, but it feels kinda weird getting the first warning of this kind of IC ‘EDENCOM is ordering evacuations’ on the regular news, w/nothing there.

4 Likes

And now there is one! Thanks again, @CCP_Aurora!

2 Likes