PVE fit for Tengu The Maze? (T3 rebalance)

Hello there, just coming back to the game after at least a year’s break. Still with the same people I was with back then. I noticed unless I crashed a year ago with my shield booster inactive, I could AFK tank any room in the maze. Now? Eh! Hard locked and BOOM. Come back to a pod. Now I realize with these fits some of the mods aren’t what they used to be. So that might be an issue. (Lost first ship, didn’t have the money to replace an exact replica. So made adjustments.)

But here’s my fit from a year ago. (Survived The maze NP unless I deactivated booster like a moron and froze/hard locked/crashed. Which is what I did. I decided to see how much this setup could tank. Turned off booster. Watched my HP drain…went to click booster again…nope. Hard lock, crash. But I was being stupid so can’t blame the game.)

[Tengu, Tengu]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Ballistic Control System II

10MN Afterburner II
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Pith X-Type Kinetic Deflection Field

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II

Medium Bay Loading Accelerator II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile x9727
Scourge Javelin Heavy Assault Missile x2855

Second fit (since rebalance) Not the most optimized but I had just came back to the game. So was trying to get a fit to hold up long enough to complete the site. Considering I had 2+ hours to do it. As I can only play for 2-3 hours at a time. Found a fit online, figured it would be more then capable. First thing I noticed? First room shredded me. Had to overheat to tank it at one point. OK… weird? Fine, edit the fit. Again not optimal but wanted to clear the site. Final room… get as much damage off of me as possible as soon as I could. Overheat once, I’m OK. Kill more. Get all cruise batteries down. Tank holds perfectly. Nail station…get it to around half structure (whatever range it calls it’s last reinforcements at.) Tank is melting…fine…overheat…Tank is holding, burn it down while aligning. Damnit, hard locked…come back… Tank OK? Nope in a pod. First fit was fine, screwing around made my end. (Doing sites for hours you tend to want to live dangerously.) Second time a year later? Seems like damage has increased or Tengu’s tank is nerfed a bit. If the game wouldn’t have hardlocked I could have warped. But whatever…

[Tengu, Tengu]
Dread Guristas Ballistic Control System
Capacitor Flux Coil II

10MN Afterburner II
Thermal Dissipation Field II
Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster

[Empty Rig slot]
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Warhead Rigor Catalyst I

Tengu Core - Augmented Graviton Reactor
Tengu Defensive - Amplification Node
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Chassis Optimization

Caldari Navy Mjolnir Heavy Assault Missile x2000
Nova Javelin Heavy Assault Missile x1616
Caldari Navy Scourge Heavy Assault Missile x2
Caldari Navy Nova Heavy Assault Missile x2000
Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Assault Missile x1538
Missile Precision Script x1
Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile x4

So, you seen the two fits. Yes I know second one isn’t optimized (Missing a rig. But had to drop it due to using dual Shield boost amps). Again, goal was to finish the site, loot, optimize after. My question(s) are…1) Did the Tengu’s tank get nerfed? 2) Did The Maze get a damage boost? 3) Can I get an optimized fit AFTER T3 rebalance? Either for the Tengu, or hell any T3/capable ship for that matter. As long as it can tank the site, finish the site, and has enough tank that if I were to crash/hard lock I have AT MINIMUM 2 minutes to get back in. So a cap stable active tank. That way I don’t come back to another pod and my killboard doesn’t rack up NPC kills.

both fits lacks speed, second fit is simply undertanked for maze. You aint speedtanking ■■■■ with 10MN AB anymore :slight_smile:
Crystal set is recommended anyway.

Sounds like your computer is more of a problem than the Tengu fit you are using…

Never needed to speed tank The Maze previously. First fit tanked it NP. AB is not meant to speed tank here (as being webbed in every room makes that near impossible till webbers are killed. Plus station webs no matter what.) Also, when did it become “standard” to use Crystals for NPCing?

Ya, I think I fixed that issue between last night and tonight though. So it should be fixed.

Still, thank you both for the replies but I’m still seeing nothing practical in the answers. I’ve already established the fits are inadequate. Do either of you recommend solutions? Swapping mods, a full fit, another ship, etc? That would be great!

You never needed to speed tank it before, because the T3 cruisers were godlike and now they have been nerfed quite significantly.
The old fits wont work any more, you will never get the same tank on the Tengu again (well, maybe if you throw 5b at it now) so you need to adapt.

The teugu should still be able to do it, but it would proberly be twice the price tag and include Crystal implants now, to be able to do the same as before.

One of the major hits T3s took in the rebalance was a significant increase in sig. Even when they paper tank just as hard they now have less real tank.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.