PVP turn off feature

I just died in non-consensual PVP. Lost 150mil ISK!

I just think, what can I learn from all this? How can I avoid It next time!

And that, right there brother, is how one EvEs.

Every engagement, consensual or not, win or loose, is a learning experience.

1 Like

Btw OP this PvP turn off feature you seek has already been implemented:

:wink: :dealwithitparrot:

2 Likes

*** Eve Online Devā€™s SHOULD do this ***
100% agree with pvp off switch.
Consider that adult customerā€™s who usually spend several months playing before quitting - EO numbers show these casual gamers are not spending very much time or money on EO.
Many paying customers simply stop playing for several months - then return to see if anything changed - if no changes - quit again for another several months ā€¦
EO is dwindling the same way EQ and the like did ā€¦ just slower.

What makes you think that EVE players wonā€™t quit at a faster rate if this does happen? Are you willing to cover the cost to CCP should they lose too much revenue? What makes you so sure that this is what those casual players want?

2 Likes

Whereā€™s your proof of this?
Citation needed.

2 Likes

reported for griefing.

1 Like

Listen, PVP players like to PVP , no problem they can continue to fight eachother like they have done even with the feature because they can keep PVP ON.
-they can fight and duel eachother whenever and wherever they want without issues.
-they could no longer fight in nonconsensual PVP.
They could no longer amuse themselfes abusing the players that:
-are not able to fight back back
-they are not ready to fight back
-do not care abought fighting back
The feature can be implemented only for HS and maybe Low Sec. Obviously it may not work in Null Sec where people have SOV or Wormhole space.

I did that already , i am pleading and waiting for major changes

Wow, thatā€™s some next level concededness right there.

I suppose you say jump and CCP does it eh?

If we get rid of the risk of PvP, we also have to get rid of the reward for the so-called non-pvp players. Thatā€™s how eve works.

3 Likes

Look at this: grinding and farming makes EVE a second job.

When EVE becomes just an obligation then people quit!
If you played for months just for the sake of the ISK and lost everything in a war or gank, then will you have the desire for grind all that ISK again along months?

I gave up the game Elite Dangerous because I became rich in day 2 and the game has barely any content and I almost never saw other players on space.

2 Likes

Ofcourse not but we fight for the things we want and hope never dies

i do not know the game and i cannot make any comments about it.
i will let other people comment about that one

You donā€™t need to know Elite Dangerous. That was used only as a reference. What the post meant is that if you were playing EVE in a way that you were just grinding ISK all day long whole week and whole month, just so you could grind it again ā€œfor freeā€ next month, then you played the game in the wrong way and whoever ganked you just made you realize it.

When I was new player in EVE I was pushed into mining as well by my noob corp and I sucked mine all day long to sell it to the corp (for very good price for them) just so I was able to stop paying cash to play the game. This became a second job and after some time I realized that this is so stupid. I sucked out all mining skills and started actually playing the game and have fun. So should you.

And if the idea of fun to you is afk mine whole day, whole week whole month then I rely pity you and I hope you will find other game where you can do this. Yo, what about EVE Echoes if you like EVE that should be logical choice.

2 Likes

Well i think i do need to know about Elite Dangerous in order to know if he is right , he is playng it in a wrong way or he is just lieng for the sake of argument.

Well at least your noob corporation stopped you from swipe-ing every now and then for Omega and for plex to sale and buy your pvp ships to have fun with.

Why are you presuming that i am afk mining all day or that is what i wanna do ?

A bit hypocritical donā€™t you think?

1 Like

Elite Dangerous is a game that you almost never find other players on space, you can also play as a single player, you can also invite only friends.

The game Elite Dangerous contains 400 billion star systems!!!

So in Elite Dangerous you will almost never see players, you have to find people and arrange a meeting somewhere. Sometimes people are so far from each other that they have to travel for days. A few people traveled for weeks.

Elite Dangerous people mostly grind for credits and do a bit of PVE, you will almost never do any PVP.

I quit Edlite Dangerous in 2 days because thatā€™s how many time I needed to buy the two best ships, the best for PVE and the best for PVP. That game has no challenge, it is easy and it is for farming credits, it is boring.

If we can turn of PVP on EVE then it will become as boring as Elite Dangerous, this is why i brought the subject to the thread.

2 Likes

Elite dangerous is, graphically nice. But lacks any sort of content.

Absolutely no player interactions. You canā€™t even trade with other players, unless you use limpets and eject cargo. Itā€™s a bloody nightmare. The only incentive in that game is credits. And that is what you end up doing in that game, grind credits.

The game is so huge, like some 400 billion star systems (yes, around that many. Itā€™s why Frontier built their skybox engine, to render that) you wonā€™t see other real life players unless you schedule a meet up. And if you are still afraid of the next-to-none chance encounter with another live soul, you can play in solo mode.

Or if you fancy fancier models for your ship, through the engineers mechanic, get ready to grind. Grind for reputation, and than grind for those components. ED could have been something amazing. But Frontier cowtowed to the PVE crowd, and all there is left, is the mindless grind that makes the game ā– ā– ā– ā– .

I left it and came back to EvE, because EvE actually has an element of danger. A chance for the unthinkable to happen to you. Your ship exploding at the hands of another player.

But if you want to mine in absolute peace. Hop onto ED. At least Deep Core mining is sorta fun the first 5 times or so, watching the rocks explode. That concussion wave striking your ship exposing the heart of the asteroid with all those void opals.

3 Likes

Once you seen a few of them, you seen them all .