Pyfa - The Python Fitting Assistant

I can’t get this toon to add to my characters. I’ve signed in with EVE SSO several times, but still don’t see it. I’m kind of new to using Pyfa so I’m not sure what I may be doing wrong. Please help.

1 Like

requirements.txt sorry, that was my bad. But it’s very possible if you don’t have admin privs you may not be able to install to global pip. In which case you’ll have to use a virtual env.

Unfortunately You’re gonna have to do the rest of the research on your own. :slight_smile: I dcan’t provide support on getting a dev enviornment up and running - some background with this stuff is expected :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Does the character show up in the SSO character manager window? If so, you’ve successfully signed in. However, that does NOT create a pyfa character, which is a completely different entity. To create a pyfa character, go to character editor, create one, then link that character to the sso character through the EVE SSO tab. That way your pyfa character knows how to update skills

1 Like

It’s all good thanks for the info!

1 Like

Looks as if the Backup Fits option is still buggy.

Tried three times now and just sits with Backup fits window, no progress on the bar, and then Cancel fails to kill the operation.

Only way to kill it is kill app in Pyfa in Task Manager.

1 Like

Are you planning on putting the new implants from the recent announcement into the tool soon?

1 Like

Any news on update?

2 Likes

Update has been released yesterday + small bugfix release today. You can find it here: https://github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa/releases/tag/v2.9.1

Delay was caused by some ongoing development work, sorry for that!

2 Likes

No, there are no such plans. But as soon as these implants hit Singularity - I will release new build with them included.

1 Like

Thanks as always to all of the contributors who work to keep this app running and updated. We really, really appreciate you all!

o7

1 Like

Latest patch is great, but, what happened to the “Charge all” option when loading ammo into guns and modules? That was a great feature.

Thanks!

1 Like

Take your time to read at least summary of changes in the release, would save you some guessing. From 2.9.0:

From 2.9.1:

And thinking behind this: i wanted to clean up some visual clutter while retaining functionality + quoting myself from reddit about this default behavior:

3 Likes

Here’s a silly question…

Why is this thread about Pyfa 2.3.0 still going?

Shouldn’t there be a new thread for 2.9.0 / 2.9.1 ? Or maybe just a thread about Pyfa in general?

=)

This thread is the official pyfa thread on eve-o forums, it’s linked on README.md from pyfa repo and from the app itself. Unfortunately, I cannot edit title, will remind blitzmann to do it.

1 Like

Oh i see it. Sorry. Thanks for clearing that up (literally) :smiley:

1 Like

In case devs read this forum: charge loading in version 2.9.1 is really uncomfortable (for me at least).
While earlier I could access both load and load all options in one context menu, now I have to press keyboard button. Can we have old way in context menu along with new button?

1 Like

You literally need to read 4 posts above yours to find the answer to your question.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Are you using pyfa from PC or tablet?

You can invert default behavior with setting available in preferences already. Is that not enough for your habits?

1 Like

1st Thank you for creating and maintaining PYFA

And my question is sorry how do I heat modules in pyfa?
I’m pretty sure it used to be some key combination but nothing works and there’s no option under right click for any active module. edit: Pyfa updated now but I still can’t find a way to heat.

1 Like

Right click the green check next to the module.

2 Likes