QoL: Compression Hotkey

Why don’t we have a compression hotkey yet? It’s such a simple addition but a huge QoL improvement for miners.
Basically instead of right click, compress, confirm, you would just select, press hotkey (bonus points if the compressed ore adds up on the preexisting stack).
For the people that will say this would help out botters, I don’t think a botter cares that much if their automated program “presses” a hotkey instead of a bunch of buttons, it makes no difference for them.
This would be greatly beneficial to human barge/exhumer pilots.

3 Likes

i fully support this

3 Likes

I completely agree! Very lacking!

3 Likes

support

3 Likes

I wish they would make it so you could have a selectable default to “select all” and “stack all” in your mining hold and in the bottom corner just have a “Compress Ore” button that is 100% hot keyable. Nothing like compressing when you have your window small and missing 2-3 small stacks of rocks and then having to reselect them after stacking them, compress them again and then restack.

2 Likes

id love a compression and stack all hot key. stack all then right click compress and click okay sucks. but a lot of my friends have a stroke when some of the multiboxers compress 10+ stacks of ore in 15 ships. rather then stack all then compress.

2 Likes

Bump for QoL

We have a loot all but not a compress, or a compress all? yes please!

1 Like

Pretty please?

Well, we are playing a futuristic game where we have space ships with shields, laser weapons and warp jumps but a “automatic compression” would be beyond any imagination of technology, wake up mate!

1 Like

CCP’s current approach to the compression feature, which involves a redundant dialog box, could be seen as a reaction to the fear of automation or a deliberate choice for interface consistency. But, I suspect this was just lazy reuse of an existing UI to perform compression since I’m convinced that CCP is into making things harder for miners. They clearly overlooked simpler, more user-friendly enhancements.

The ideal method would be a toggle for automatic compression within the Ore container via the right-click menu for managing ore storage. As a fleet operator, this will reduce my efforts to drag and drop from the Fleet Hanger to the Ore container. If that level of automation is too scary for CCP they could allow the right click to Compress, actually compress what is selected instead of opening the pointless dialog box.