I upgraded to Ubuntu 18.04 and broke the linux launcher. At first I was trying to get the game running with dx11 and AA via a guide on here. After I gave up I uninstalled wine and wine development via the software center.
I’ve been following some of the guides you all have posted and I’ll give you want I’ve done on the last attempt.
I set up a new prefix via the instructions here:
I ran WINEPREFIX="$HOME/prefix32" WINEARCH=win32 winecfg and set the OS version to Windows XP.
I ran WINEPREFIX="$HOME/prefix32" WINEARCH=win32 wine /home/daniel/Downloads/EveLauncher-1225328.exe
The installation of the launcher appears to proceed correctly.
I ran WINEPREFIX="$HOME/prefix32" WINEARCH=win32 winetricks and ran both:
Select The default wineprefix -> install a Windows DLL or component -> d3dx11_43, d3dx9_43
Select The default wineprefix -> Install a font -> allfonts (the installation errors out and does not complete.)
I ran WINEPREFIX="$HOME/prefix32" WINEARCH=win32 wine /home/daniel/prefix32/drive_c/EVE/Launcher/evelauncher.exe -opengl
At first there was a message about a missing command related to winbind. So I ran sudo apt install winbind and installed it.
After starting the launcher again I get a popup window which says Unknown option ‘o’. The terminal reads:
daniel@uH2:~$ WINEPREFIX="$HOME/prefix32" WINEARCH=win32 wine /home/daniel/prefix32/drive_c/EVE/Launcher/evelauncher.exe -opengl
Some related issues.
Last night I was trying to get dx11 working. I was following
and may have screwed up something.
After I ran into a problem with a broken script I gave up. Uninstalled wine and started over.
The command WINEPREFIX="$HOME/prefix32" WINEARCH=win32 wine --version
outputs wine-3.0 (Ubuntu 3.0-1ubuntu1)
So the version of wine I’m using in the prefix isn’t in line with the version the guides request. However, I am not sure how to create a prefix using a different version (say 3.7).