Question on Server Ticks

No no no, impinge, impinge!!! :slight_smile: Inquisitive minds hafta know!!!eleventity!!

I mean, in all seriousness, he’ll either have the time to respond, or won’t (I guess a possible 3rd option could be ‘isn’t allowed’), but the questions alone sound like they’d be interesting.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

i’ve experienced this, but there are times and lately, too many times, the server doesn’t agree with your clients input and you end up with no action happening at all, engaged on a gate, click space towards the gate to spiral in to disengage and jump, double click, nothing happens, double click again nothing happens, ships still flies in the last direction you where flying in, double click again and finaly the ship aligns to the gate, this all happens within 3 seconds, those lost 3 seconds caused my ship to kaboom.
had the very same thing happen on stations, you warp to the station hit dock, nothing happens, you do it a few more times, but by the time the server goes, got ya :wink: action in queue now good buudy, too feckin late me ole pal server :wink: lol

is this issue being worked on, in a game where seconds count for everything, i’d love to see this being top on the pile on things to be sorted out. such a pain to know you had the upper hand and lost it to server ticks and lack of actions because no action made it into the queue on second 1 of the engagement.

Aaahhhhh, interesting! Thank you!

You will indeed see this as “rubber-banding” where the client tries to smooth in between its local simulation and the correction it receives from the server (instead of “snapping” to the correct state).

What is the number of the bug report you filed? (“EBR-something”).

I’m not sure at all, last time i filed a bug report for something like this was years ago, i can ask the corp mates, i know one of them had this issue, real recent and i think he filed a bug report, i know he opened a petition, he even has a video of it happening. i’ll talk with him later, thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

I wondered this too…so it sounds like there is little benefit from upskilling 2-4% rate of fire etc…it doesn’t actually give you an increase in DPS.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.