I am trying to find basic information about this forum. It is official so I assume it is run by CCP directly, but that is an assumption. Also it seems that CCP Falcon is the head administrator but that is an educated guess. I have questions like: Are all admins/moderators CCP staff? Do CSM members fill admin/moderator roles? Or are these roles filled by pretty much anyone? Who should I contact about forum related issues? Is this even the right place for this line of questioning?
Finally found it, the answer to your questions I think… if you click the three lines up by your character portrait in the upper right, then select ‘About’. Should bring you to a page about the Eve forums. I can’t figure out how to link that special page (I’m on mobile)
AFAIK, CSM do NOT have any moderating powers on the forums. That is up to the Devs, ISD’s and I think the GM’s (not sure if they have moderating power or not, id assume they do)
as mentioned ISD’s are volunteers. There are several branches of volunteers, like writers etc. https://volunteers.eveonline.com/@Eric_Kalfren there’s the link for info on the volunteer programs.
Benefits. None. If your hoping for some don’t apply. Otherwise you can always apply and they eventually get back to you. I assume they would do intakes as new mods are needed. Forum mods aren’t the only isd volunteers either
What you need to know about the forums is simple. People are super sensitive here and will flag/report your post if they disagree with you, also the forums are dominated by highsec know it alls. Go on reddit instead, GMs have no power there. No censorship whatsoever