Quickest mission running? Levels 1 and 2

Hi all.

I have seen a number of posts, some old some new but many go on to talk about T2 things and ships worth 100+ million etc however I am hoping for a nice and clear answer on what I should be doing.

In short, using T1 ships, what is currently the best ship and weapons to use to quickly grind through the Level 1 and 2 kill missions?

I’m new so I can go down any route - but want to use the community experience to try and get myself as much of a head start as possible given that I lack the skills currently to swap between weapon types etc. I don’t have any particular preference in terms of fighting style - I just prefer to be able to run missions as easily and as quickly as possible.

Help is much appreciated

Visit discord.unitedstandings.org and one of the mission running experts can help you

Unfortunately I cannot use Discord as my local server settings prevent it and I’m on shared broadband :frowning:

Not even on a phone?

Quickest progress would be stick with caldari ships. Kestrel-> Caracal-> drake-> raven

You could use Caracal for L1 and 2, but kestrel is a great starting point for learning missiles.

Personally, I would go for a Moa if you run L1/2 missions in Gallente or Caldari space. Hybrid ammo is cheap and applies damage instantly. You are damage type locked but you waste less ISK on ammo. If you do that in Amarr space, an Omen should do the trick. Lasers don’t use any ammo if you use T1 crystals and faction crystals are very cheap compared to equal numbers of shots of other ammo.

I would choose Corax. Fully kitted with T2 modules, it can breeze through L2 missions and SoE Epic Arc. Most of all, it scales nicely meaning you don’t need skill injections to start using it and flying L1/2 missions while perfecting the boat.

Cons are lack of speed and poor power/CPU, meaning you start it with a lot of fitting rigs and -modules. Allmost all other modules should also have word “compact” in their name.

You can keep switching these out as skills improve and once aced, the skillset allows you to move on to cruisers without any extra training.

1 Like

Why skip the Corax?

although any combat ship can be used for missions, going the Caldari / Missile route is a solid choice for attacking NPCs. Missiles are not the most popular choice when it comes to PvP, so take that into consideration if you plan to do PvP in the future.

But I would also try using drones (Tristan Frigate) as the gameplay is a little different and quite enjoyable. If you enjoy using drones- then going with a drone ship tree is quite rewarding.

Turrets are perfectly fine for PvE, but tends to be a very popular choice for PvP- so again, think about this if you might want to do some PvP in the future.

Let me know if you need me to clarify anything here. Good luck on your journey.