R&D farming

-.-

Try cynabals.

All my alts have their own cynabal ready to do the epic. Just in case I want to do it (been at least one year since I did not do it though)

1 Like

Does it just divide it evenly between the participants? Or is there some benefit to splitting it?

yes, and yes.

Vague.

yes .

1 Like

Maybe he completes it choosing caldari standings on one char while gallente on another and so forth thus gaining standings with all or at least several factions for all characters instead of just boosting one. Just a quick thought maybe he meant something else.

or maybe you just keep your main out of fleet when completing the arc, and fleet your alts when they complete the arc, so that you main gain 1 times the reward + half the reward from each alt. Since your alts don’t lose standing, there is much less use of that underived standing.

So yes, it shares among participants, and yes, it has benefit from doing so.

I was fortunate enough to have the ISK to buy pirate tags and turn them into data centers for standings. A bit of skills trained to maximize the standings I got before I turned in the tags, followed by a few missions (never against another empire faction), and I was good to go with the 4 main factions.

2 Likes

Only one of my 3 mains has t2 medium projectiles (2 have t2 large…)… also, didn’t the cynabal (and the mach… AND the dramiel for some reason) just get a warp speed nerf? I like doing the SOE arc in frigates so the endless warping and jumping doesn’t take as long. I’d do it in three ceptors if ceptors could bring enough damage to ice the Harby and the Gnosis at the end of the arc.

Oh, I do use Ishtars for the kill-a-bonus-HS-Nidhoggur mish, though. Man, doing that (or even thinking about it) makes me miss last year’s Valentine’s Day event where we got to kill Nidhoggurs and Thanatoses in HS… but those fighters, ouch! at least the SOE Epic Arc one’s fleet is less deepsy.

None of my alts have.

The cyna can be fitted with 3 T2 hyper rigs, and enough modules to make it align in 3s and warp faster than any frigate.

Then all you need for the epic soe is two extenders to have a buffer tank, a mwd to move faster. anything more is optional. I typically add TC and gyros. I always have a stack of 5k phased plasma M. It has enough room to make all the missions, it’s faster, tankier, more DPS than any frigate. It’s basically just a better frigate.

1 Like

okay, that DOES sound pretty sexy. My asteros are certainly no 2-second-warping hecates or travelceptors, so… hmmm.

You are a day late and a dollar short here.

They nerfed this passive income into the 7th ring of hell years ago…

Yes, but they waited until everybody trained up all the otherwise useless skills and ground NPC standings before they made the change.

Faction standings have little effect on R&D agents.

If you do dis missions for the agents corp you can (as others have already said) access to R&D agents of higher level.

Doing R&D agent missions increases you RP from that agent only and helps increase NPC corp standings to allow for access to higher level agents.

So even the poorest faction standing won’t stop you from gaining R&D agents from a corp of that faction.

1 Like

literally zero, as long as it’s above -2

once you gain access to the agent, the only thing that matters is your standing with that agent, and your skills.
the standing is not THAT important, at lowest (0 standing) you have a multiplier of 1.45 ; at most it’s 1.55 so a gain of 6.9% :confused:

Though ideally you want to get corp standing high enough for the lvl4 R&D agents, so till then you’d need to advance a few lower lvl one till that point.

Even though a 6.9% might seen not worth it over time it does help.

That’s from 0to 10.
Skills makes you start at 3, not 0.
Plus, the only way to increase that standing is through the daily missions.

1 Like

Yeah, however if you already have high Faction standing to begin with, you can quickly gain access to that Factions level 4 R&D Agents just by raising the R&D Corp to +3.00 standing.

Course when the R&D Corp get’s to +5.00 or higher standing, then the Faction standing won’t matter as long as it remains above -2.00 standing.

Anyway, I agree with your answer to the OP, just do Distribution missions for the R&D Corp (declining Storyline missions) and raise the Corp to +5.00 standing for access to level 4 R&D Agent (and maintain Faction above -2.00 standing)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.