Racing Shuttles

I know this racing topic has come up periodically, but after perusing artstation and coming across this picture from Gary Sanchez:

I was thinking how cool it would be to make a racing style skin for a ship in eve with the new skin creator that’s going to be released (as mentioned at fanfest) complete with a bunch of corporation sponsor logos.

Then my mind went to the thought process of actually building a racer… and the best way to do that would be to make use of the shuttle class. Being able to tear into the shuttle and assemble it with different internals and place them in the exact place they need to be for the various adjacency bonuses or other effects the components might have in different parts of the chassis.

The concept kind of reminds me of the various car mechanic games:

And perhaps the racing portion of the game would do better in the vanguard client, but something like this should really be in the open world, and the tracks themselves could be a feature to add to the skin feature of stations.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.