Radical improvement to mining: the audible alert module

How about it takes up a high slot, and also negates any mining skill or role bonuses the ship may have while equipped?

Probably Because As ISD we are not “Police”.

This is the “Player Features & Ideas” Discussion Forum.

Anyone is welcome to come up with any Idea, from great to ridiculous here, and talk about it. It Matters not how silly or improbable it is. It is still allowed.

This is not your personal playground. OP, Every OP, has every ability to post whatever Idea comes to them in this section of the forums as long as it is EVE Related. This post is EVE Related.

2 Likes

If you want better mining results, pay attention to the damn game. You should noy be able bring resources into the game while AFK.

And no, contrary to what you may think, PI is only semi-AFK. Sure, you get some resources while logged off, but you have to actively manage your extractors and run materials to continue production. Just like mining currently works, you can make some money semi-afk, but you make a lot more by paying attention.

You should noy be able bring resources into the game while AFK.

So ban mining since everyone goes AFK or semi-AFK.

Ban markets from the game. Let’s make it so you have to sit and wait for someone to buy your stuff.

Then EVE will be a much better game… /sarcasm

Taking up a high slot would alone halve mining yield on many mining ships.

Considering the game currently encourages miners to be AFK during ganks, there’s the question of why CCP would want to keep doing that.

Mining sucks. Its meant to suck so you will be tempted to afk, so there could be easy prey to kill. When you accept that it sucks and that CCP cant/wont fix mining mechanics the game makes alot more sense.

Mining sucks. Its meant to suck so you will be tempted to afk, so there could be easy prey to kill.

Legitimate commentary.

I’m not here to tell CCP (or anyone else) what to do. I’m just reminding them what good game design looks like.

There are apparently no real objections left to the revised idea.

I’ve said all along that PvP needs a boost and would rather spend my time discussing that than fending off all the bogus objections.

1. Your opinion of what good game design is does not match mine. You do not speak for me, stop pretending you do. My idea of good game design was EvE 5yrs ago, before they started lowering the barrier of intelligence required to play. Since then, they’ve done nothing but make bad decision afer poor decision, in my opinion.

2. What part of “you can make some money semi-afk, but you make a lot more by paying attention” was difficult for you to understand? I’ll explain it in smaller words, just for you, and just this once.

3. The game does not encourage AFK mining. If it did, they wouldn’t allow you yo be ganked. If it did, they would make far, far tankier barges. If it did, they wouldn’t put NPCs capable of killing barges into belts. No, these very things place you at risk if you AFK, therefore your entire supposition that EvE encourages AFK play is simply ludicrous.

I do have to thank you for a good laugh, though. Your claim that PvP needs a boost would almost be believed, if you weren’t supporting an idea specifically designed to prevent PvP.

Looks like you got what you consider valid feedback… oh wait…

Onward…

Venture, Prospect, and Endurance would be unaffected by that.

Again:

The core of the revised idea has never improved and all contradictions to your personal narrative are discarded.

I consider the initial post spam now as it requests a fix for a personal flaw rather than a game mechanic.

I think that was obvious. Mine matches actual game designers as well as those who advise on game design.

The game does not encourage AFK mining.

I’m afraid it does, proven by 100%(?) of miners going AFK or semi-AFK.

Your claim that PvP needs a boost would almost be believed, if you weren’t supporting an idea specifically designed to prevent PvP.

The game isn’t worth playing without PvP. Mining is dull as dishwater. PvE is dull after a few so what’s the point if you’re not funding your PvP escapades?

Of course I want PvP to be enjoyable. Because there’s no point playing otherwise.

Yet the PvP in this game mostly sucks. Anything with more than 6 ships a side, it’s “shoot this one until its dead” then “shoot this one”. You might as well be a NPC or bot…

Even small gang is mostly creeping up on some dude solo PvEing. But hey, at least they fight back.

I think it would all be much better without cloaks, without cynos and without Local.

Source requested.

Source requested.

Source for which?

For why the game would be better if miners weren’t AFK during ganks??

Or for why a huge chunk of the game shouldn’t be boring and stressful??

You have a source for this? Most of my money has been made through gas mining, and I’m never AFK, so your point is moot. And do you have documented evidence that your and CCP’s opinions are in line, as in quotes saying “You know, that guy Loki has such good ideas, it’s amazing how much we agree with him!”

If someone wants to AFK mine, there should be severe penalties.

It hurt the guy’s feelings in the Orca that I bumped for 3 hours…

Removed a few off topic posts.

~Buldath

1 Like

If someone wants to AFK mine, there should be severe penalties.

But why?

Quoting from the top post:

"Some people don’t like the idea of others benefitting whilst AFK. To them I say “Then delete mining from the game. Also delete PI and markets whilst you’re at it. They’re all AFK activities.”

The only time AFK matters is when it damages gameplay for other players"

I mined for 5 years, and never AFKd after my only hulk gank. Your premise that 100% of miners AFK is blatantly false. This leads me to believe that every single other “fact” you’ve presented, but failed utterly in proving, are also false.

Have a good day, and please stop trying to further ruin EvE.

1 Like

Unfortunately, those who want to make EvE into Carebear Wonderland are quite serious.

For some irrational reason, they truly do desire to destroy a wonderfully challenging game. Pretty sure it’s because they still don’t meet the barrier for entry, even though CCP has dumbed EvE down to where it’s mostly unrecognizable from the game I loved.

Your premise that 100% of miners AFK is blatantly false.

Shame for you I never said it. You fixate on this strawman because you can’t explain why there should be extreme penalty for miners avoiding boredom and going AFK.

I posted about how Local should be removed here:

It’s completely irrelevant of course but there are 3 ad hominem attacks on me since I last posted.

Still no counterarguments from anyone.