Radical improvement to mining: the audible alert module

I think I’m more amused you can’t come up with a proper counterargument.

There’s plenty already in this thread and in the game. You’re just too much of a lazy shmuck to recognize that your “idea” is patently bad.

2 Likes

You’re struggling to produce a coherent reply… in addition to your ongoing failure to provide a counterargument.

Again, PI is not something you do in space, but I agree that it should be modified to remove its AFK character and introduce proper muliplayer gameplay. But this thread is not about PI.

Also mining in a belt is not the same as being docked, so much should be obvious.

If you are mining you are in your spaceship in space and you are exposed to other players. And yes if you are mining you are pray. You are at risk and there are multiple ways to manage this risk, which involves preparation and also being at the keyboard when are out mining.

AFK gameplay in general is bad, it is not playing the game. To introduce a module which allows for even more AFK gameplay is absolutely the wrong direction, and what we can see from stuff like the moon goo changes, CCP agrees with that view.

1 Like

It should go without saying that there is a big difference between, discussing a game mechanic and a ingame event like winning or losing a battle.

1 Like

I’ll post a suggestion in line with the previous post I made in this discussion… Maybe together it could solve some of the problems.

I know it mainly covers how to deal with the cloaks problems, but it could be applied to mining as well as I state in the first linked post.

Cloaks aren’t a problem. If you don’t know how to deal with a cloaker, you are the problem.

1 Like

I personally don’t have a problem with cloaks, just go ratting/mining/site running in another system
But… From the number of forums/posts/complaints etc.
I am inclined to say that it presents an insurmountable problem to a not so insignificant a number of people in to wide an array of situations to ignore and simply say.

The Dunning Kruger “Cloaks aren’t a problem.”

Back on topic.
AFKing in general is a problem.
Only the mechanism I mentioned in the cloaking forum post is relevant here for the situation of this topic.

NOT THE CLOAKING ISSUE/NOT ISSUE.

Whine posts from the renter trash and failures that have no business being anywhere near nullsec. Most of them have no business in EVE at all.

It’s a very loud whining minority, not more.

2 Likes

You are going off topic.

The topic is finding a way to get AFK miners to not be AFK for combat situations… If I’m not mistaken?

1 Like

Then why suggest a mechanic which supports AFK gameplay even more?

If you believe it supports AFK activity more, you have not read the penalty’s involved with being inattentive in the linked post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You bring afk cloaky whining in here, then edit your post and accuse me of going off-topic when responding to you and now you’re continuing your debate in here? Nobody answered you in the afk cloaker trashcan thread because your post was so ridiculous that it didn’t warrant a response and that sure says a lot in there.

The topic is a way for AFK miners to get running without having to use 3rd party intel tools for the getting warned functionality. OP wants EVE to be My Little Spaceships: Mining is Magic.

1 Like

So…By making a mechanism that damages mining equipment for inattentiveness we are promoting AFKing and somehow ignoring the mining aspect included with the link if you get past the cloak part…
Which I implicitly stated was after the cloak part which was not the topic to be focused on.

Let me remove the relevant info then as you can not seem to separate the relevant information.

"Say after a random number of mining cycles, the mining computer must be re-calibrated to keep mining functions in operation.
For example

Targeted asteroid, engage mining laser, after random number of cycles (we will say 3 this time) a re-calibration alert is sounded, the re-calibration must be done in the last 15 seconds or whole mining cycle and yield is lost and mining laser is disengaged and mining systems go offline for 2 minuets because of mining computer falling out of calibration and will take 2 minuets for re-calibration to compleat before mining operations can resume.

However, should you fail to hit the recalibration cycle in the last 15 seconds of the 2 minuet recalibration, your mining laser/strip miner will suffer heat damage from processor overload and every 15 seconds will incur more heat damage until destroyed.
Preceded by an audible chime to warn of the CPU going critical at the 15 second mark.

Meaning inattentive/AFK miners will get nothing but damaged equipment, lost profits and little to no ore.
To be even more devious, make the over heating CPU chime the same as the ore hold full chime. :wink:

Which theoretically should increase the price of ore and minerals as it would require attention to harvest valuable ore and cause a shift in ore and mineral prices. Maybe a lot, maybe a little. But over all miners would be able to charge more for ore as it would be more difficult to get than just targeting a rock and pushing one button until the rock is gone."

How about we up the anti? ;3

If after the mining lasers/strip miners overload and destroy themselves, the ship itself starts to take hull damage from hull CPU overload, ending in ship self destruction? :smiley:

If THAT dose not promote active mining, I don’t know what will! XD

Why bother with a chime for blues? :confused:

Seems redundant.

You do realize that none of that is in the OP’s post, right? By trying to be smart and accusing me of not reading the OPs post you failed at comprehending what I actually wrote and assumed I wrote that in reply to a completely different post.

Let me quote OPs post for you. You appear to need it.

Calling me a 5 year old because of your inability to read doesn’t make you look smart, it makes you look like a moron. You fit right in with the rest of the “AFK cloakers hurt my feelingz” crowd.

Ok, you want to get technical eh? :slight_smile:

OP

How does a modual that if equipped to at least 1 ship in each system and those ships are in the same fleet and a fleet member is un docked in that system acting as a watchdog, an audible chime 1 for reds and one for nutes is sounded whenever a red or nute enters the system ajacent to the one you are in and the fleet member is acting watchdog?

But in exchange the penalties mentioned in the earlier posts where implemented on miners?

You making things up, moving the goal post and outright lying just because you can’t win a discussion any other way isn’t “a technicality”. If anything, you’ve proven that having anything remotely resembling a discussion with you is a waste of time. I’ll not waste any more of my time on replying to you.

Literally this. The first one sounds quietly anytime the player looks away from the screen or tabs out of the client. The second louder alarm should sound if the player attempts to leave their chair while in space. The third loudest alarm sounds if the player leaves the room while in space, this alarm is non-preventable and impossible to turn down. It is accompanied by neon flashing text telling the player not to play AFK lest they become space dust.

3 Likes