Random Attacks on Empty Haulers?

It really depends which bit of null… Some areas are just dead or have ratters who dont want nothing to do with your ship or pvp… If I happened to be passing through with something that has DPs and a point id try my luck and take a pop at someone afk… :stuck_out_tongue: I tend to fly really basic fit dispsable stuff. If it has dps and a point theres things you can kill.

That’s great to know! Your soapbox clearly rises above us all in the most profound and noblest of ways. Obviously the principles of it all are far more important to you than anything else.

I, on the other hand, just need the isk.

That being the case, please send all the loot you get from ganking directly to me; I see no reason why you wouldn’t or shouldn’t. I will absolutely not autopilot it anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

could simply be noob gankers that don’t know to scan or don’t want to commit to having a scanning alt.

Then you would just be seeing survivorship bias (well more like un-survivorship bias) as anyone that did scan simply didn’t attack you, and the times you aren’t afk you aren’t ganked.

1 Like

I still remember the time i used a confessor to run officer heatsinks from jita to amarr, and then back again months later when i decided to sell them.

The ever present threat that I could get nabbed by some sneaky sebo’d hunter made it exciting. Getting to jita on the return run safely was a thrill. I’ll never know if anyone managed to detect my cargo that day. They never killed me if they did

At least three possibilities that I see.

1. Either it was a ganker type that doesn’t multibox and thus has no way to know your fit and cargo. So he saw easy target and took the chance. (Usually these don’t gank with expensive ship that could fit cargo scanner but smaller ships like destroyers who really don’t have this possibility.)

2. Or it was a ganker that is part of some group such as CODE. who doesn’t need to buy ships and fits on his own, or where to get ISK as the group is providing him all that for kills. So he killed you to show he can afford it or to get the kill itself no matter how worthy it is. For some gankers quantity > quality.

3. Or it was a ganker who despise afkers so he killed you because you afked. That being said, these guys are easy to handle. They do it twice or three times and if you keep coming back, the time loss for dealing with you won’t be worth for them.

On an alt I would spend an entire day seeding rookie ships in low sec, and without fail every single one would be blapped, doesn’t matter the value, people just want to shoot at other players even when there’s zero gain.

How does one “seed” rookie ships? And why would you?

Fly to random places, eject from ship, rinse and repeat, as to why, like the gankers, no reason just creating content for those that find pleasure in looking for anything to shoot at.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.