Rattlesnake - Cruise or Rapid Heavy

I have tried both, as an experiment, RHML are fine as a PVP option, but for PVE they really slow things down, the theoretical additional application doesn’t really translate into faster clearance times, and the traditional slug like behaviour of the rattlesnake, does not lend itself to range control to Maximise use of heavy missiles.

One can fit to minimise disadvantages, and maximise advantages, but whatever one does leads to a subpar experience. (Note I have maximum missile skills, drone skills, and targeting skills your experience will most likely be worse)

So TLDR fit cruise. If you want to use rapid heavies, there are better ships, the bharghest for one.

1 Like

On that particular vid you use faction specific tank and you’re going vs particular rats that do squat beyond point blank. I will restate what I said, there are plenty of missions that do a lot of damage at 100+, and there are a few that do a lot of dmg at 150+, or even 200 when tons of cruise missle towers spawn.

Not to mention faction specific tank, wont last 10 secs when you get jumped cause of the holes. Ditch it, tank properly omni, and do something that actually semi challenging, not vs rats that just stay put and miss 90%ish at 50km.

read OP again, we are not talking missions but havens.

1 Like

I did the test with cruise vs rapid heavies in serpentis rock havens.

The fit :

[Rattlesnake, Anom RS]

Ballistic Control System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Large Shield Booster II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Tracking Speed Script
Thermal Dissipation Field II
Kinetic Deflection Field II
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Range Script
Missile Guidance Computer II, Missile Range Script

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Heavy Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Bay Loading Accelerator II
Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
[Empty Rig slot]

Warden II x2

For cruise setup i used t2 cruise launchers and missile precision scripts in both guidance computers.

The implants :

5% cruise damage, 5% velocity, 5% rof, 5% explosion velocity and 5% for radius (cruise setup had a little advantage here damage wise)

The completion times :

RS 1465dps RHML @ 70km - 17 min 25 sec (965 missiles launched)
RS 1375dps cruise @ 70km - 17 min 17 sec (450 missiles launched)

Time wise they are almost the same (i had more damps with cruise, but i dont care), ammo wise the cruise setup is cheaper. Overall the cruise setup is a little bit better, but both are viable.

3 Likes

thank you very much. I was computing the number of missiles then noticed you lovely added it.
looked at the price of cruise and heavy T2, didn’t know they were at almost same price .

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.