Sentry vs Heavy Drones

Which are better for null sec ratting in between sentries and heavy drones? (Blood Raiders)

1 Like

I use both. when they are still far, I snipe the frigs easily , as they will burn right in your direction. if the wave Is too big, and they get close, I launch heavies , and finish them off. when new wave pop, launch sentries again

3 Likes

oh but which has the better dps and im doing haven sites.so most rats cluster at a small area for quite some time.

1 Like

that’s the point that depends if you are a sniper or a brawler. sentries apply their damage the moment y deploy them. but if targets get too close they will miss a lot. heavies have a slight better DMG, but they have to fly all the way to targets all the time, also they can be aggroed easier. Also, if a red pops in, y will need to abandon heavies and warp out. With sentries, y call them up instantly.

I got a sniper rattlesnake, with good tank still. So I kinda do snipe and brawl. when my heavies are deployed, the rats are no more than 10-15 km. Warp in at 50-70 , snipe with sentries, if they get close, use heavies to finish the job

3 Likes

:red_circle: Heavies on the Rattle. You can stay aligned to your safe place(s) while they shoot targets. The travel time is negligible compared to the added safety of being aligned. Furthermore, you can also mitigate some incoming damage by moving.

2 Likes

Well thank you guys i got a good idea about the sentries and heavies now.Thank you so much for your help.

What fit are you using on your rattle?

[Rattlesnake, Rattlesnake PVE Guristas]
Ballistic Control System II
Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier

Dread Guristas Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Drone Navigation Computer II
Pith B-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Pith X-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Large Micro Jump Drive
Gist B-Type Large Shield Booster

Drone Link Augmentor II
Cruise Missile Launcher II

Large Core Defense Field Extender I
Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Acolyte II x5
Wasp II x2
Hornet II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Warden II x2

Inferno Precision Cruise Missile x500
Scourge Fury Cruise Missile x5135
Scourge Precision Cruise Missile x500
Optimal Range Script x1
Tracking Speed Script x1

Something like this. It is not stable, but it has very nice DPS and it can stay out of danger with ease.

Sentry is dead for PVE, it used to be No. 1 choice and get nerfed pretty hard. Please use heavies if you want to choose those two in between.

It’s not. They two different weapon systems. Sentry drones are instant dmg just like turrets with insane range. Heavy drones, are just next tier in drones. Both have different uses, different pros and cons.

Ps. PvE is not only null krabing in annomalies…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.