Looking for current Rattlesnake fits for solo L4's

Hi long time player just returning from a few years away. Looking for some fit advice for a solo mission runner. I have high skills and I am omega. I have quite a bit of tier 2 and faction gear to choose from and a decent amount of isk if I need to buy something. Looking for a strong set up to do L4’s in, COSMOS, and other PvE oriented stuff.

Thank you for any fit advice.

My preference is to fit the Rattlesnake for long range sniping with passive tank, MJD, sentries & cruise missiles. A basic T2 fit that produces over 1000 dps with over 100K ehp at 120Km range:

[Rattlesnake, Rattlesnake fit]

Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Ballistic Control System II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Inferno Fury Cruise Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Sentry Damage Augmentor I
Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Warden II x2

You can go as shiny as you like and will probably clear missions a bit faster at the risk of making yourself a gank magnet

The above fit is nice but you really only need 1 DLA as you should mostly be using sentry’s anyway and DLA has no affect (that I know of) on sentry’s. You use drones for stuff that gets too close and sentry’s cannot hit.

I used to have active shield fit with 2 hardeners due to different types of missions have different resist sets so you change out the hardeners and dps for the type of mission you are doing.

I also had a AB on mine due to having to go to accel gates a lot.

EDIT: My fit wasn’t even a billion isk and I had NO problems running lvl 4’s.

Can you share your fit or recommended fit? Thank you!

I’m reading these are pretty good on a Rattlesnake, do you like them?

C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System

Very nice for overall dps. Costly too. I find the tech 2 drone damage amplifiers are all I really need. Cruise missles are only good for large targets. I fire missles at something large and let the sentries do the rest. I also use a passive tank with MJD, and a MWD to keep distance or to get to gates quickly.

I don’t think the C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ represents good value on Rattlesnake - it has plenty of low slots and there is no need to spend a lot to get a little extra capability - it doesn’t need it. For that matter, you can easily run most level 4 missions in a Gila. Guristas ships are way overpowered but nobody seems to be complaining!

2 Likes

Are the cruise/ warden long range fits the current way to go? I am seeing a fair amount of older RHML fits?

That’s what I do. Still room for a pair of heavy drones and some lights. For quicker missions that my tank can handle I will stay in close and use mobile combat drones.

with RHML do you still use a passive tank? is that viable, sorry this has always been the hardest part for me to come up with a fit that works for me.

put a signal amplifier in one of your low slots it will save you a million kicks in the nuts

Ok.

Any guidance on cruise missiles or RHML? And would you tank each different?

Ty

with only one you can only use drones out to 84km, need a second to get up to 108km which will be very important if you are going to use an MJD. On some missions it’s also important to have 100km range as some spawns are at range. Could also use one DLA and a t2 drone range control rig that gets out to 104km. And that’s with max skills I’d assume a lot of people don’t have the drone control range skills maxed.

cheap setups work, but expensive setups work better. That said gank risk is a thing so some upgrades make more sense than others. A pithum a-type invuln lets you tank almost anything pretty easily, but it alone is enough to get you ganked. A few faction damage mods are a nice damage boost and unlikely to get you ganked.

they are fantastic, that said with the popularity of the gila in abyssal sites they got pretty expensive, that said you probably only need 1 or 2 so it’s not too expensive.

I pretty much always carry a gecko, 2x garde 2x warden/curator/bouncer, and a flight of lights depending on what NPCs I’m up against. easy to change up the drones depending on the situation.

I think cruise are better for sustained DPS, but they have poor application and you need to use a few rig slots and a target painter to make the most of them, but they will hit out to your lock range. The RHML have better application and high burst dps, but the long reload and short range makes me not want to use them too much.

Mainly comes down to preference. can always switch fits, or even have multiple rattlers with different fits especially since you probably want different rigs for cruise vs RHML. I have 2 machs one with AC and one with Arty because it’s faster to switch ships than refit.

Thank you for your tips. Do you have a fit you can share?

Get to mission spot, target few bs for main caliber and frigs for small drones, fly to gates, when reach them drop mtu, when with frigs is over release gecko and shoot cruiser and bc. All u need is ab or mwd to reach gates, 2 dread guristas invul fields, x-larg shield booster, guidance comp, flare and rigor rigs, rest depend from ur isks amount, u can stay at one place and just shoot targets, theres no need of all those movements with jumping on jdrive around spot, drop/collect sentry drones, etc. I just can get why do ppl doing that :smile:

Came up with this. resists are mission specific which I will change as I go, any good?

[Rattlesnake, Prometheus]
Republic Fleet Ballistic Control System
Damage Control II

Gist X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Dread Guristas EM Ward Field
Dread Guristas Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Republic Fleet Target Painter
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Large Micro Jump Drive
Gist X-Type 500MN Microwarpdrive

Cruise Missile Launcher II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Semiconductor Memory Cell I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Warden II x2
Garde II x2
‘Augmented’ Hobgoblin x5
Gecko x1

Caldari Navy Mjolnir Cruise Missile x2442
Caldari Navy Nova Cruise Missile x2944
Caldari Navy Inferno Cruise Missile x3000

I prefer the core 500 mn for cap. plus ccc rig.
also acttive hardener are better.

Those are active. I’ll check out the core one you suggest. I have 2 CCC rigs on there.

indeed, my b.
the core x-type 500mn has no malus on cap, making it a huge impact.

The Gist X-Type 500mn is same, it does not have a cap penalty either. It does have a higher activation cost though, which could make a difference.