Rattlesnake Level 4 RHML Brawler

I wonder if I can use a RHML Rattlesnake to do some level 4 missions in high sec.

I saw some previous fits which uses Cruise Launcher, MJD, Sentry Drone for long range sniping.

I become an omega now but I am still used to go short range brawling and heavy mobile drones.

My fit is essentially RHML + Heavy Drones + Passive Shield Tank, a bit more drone focused compared to missile due to my skills.

Please give me some recommendations for improvement. If I need to go sniping lmk. Thx!

[Rattlesnake, **tigeryi’s RHML brawler]

Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II
EM Ward Field II
100MN Afterburner II

Drone Link Augmentor I
‘Arbalest’ Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher I

Large Core Defense Field Extender I
Large Core Defense Field Purger I
Large Core Defense Field Purger I

Hobgoblin II x5
Caldari Navy Wasp x2
Federation Navy Hammerhead x5
Federation Navy Ogre x2

Guristas Inferno Heavy Missile x3120
Guristas Scourge Heavy Missile x3000

Sorry for my mistake, not HAML, it’s RHML

Going with TII will obviously be a great benefit. Dump 1 drone amp and put a DCU in there.

Overall your fit lacks application, you should have at least 2 application modules or rigs or any combination of, for your missiles. It also lacks MJD, best GTFO button you can get.

Is this an alpha fit ? If so Alphas, can’t do L4s, they are limited to L3s.

1 Like

should do fine overall, looks like a pretty safe boring fit. If anything I’d suggest bringing some drone nav computers, or omnidirectional tracking computers, with a slight tracking boost heavy drones can wreck most NPC frigs. Using a mobile depot you should be able to swap your fitting around in mission.

I do cruise + sentries on mine more because I’m lazy and can hit all ranges. Although to get the most damage out of cruise you need a bunch of application rigs/mods.

meh, HML barely need any application buffs for lv4s and any buffs mainly help for killing frigs, and the drones should do a pretty good job of that. and MJDs I’m pretty meh on, but better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

1 Like

I am omega now so what kind of fit you want to recommend it?

Besides those modules in mid do you have any more suggestions? Right now I simulated 3 shield extenders and 3 shield fields which is indeed excessive cuz I am a bit confused on the fitting. Do I need something like target painters or missile guidance computers?

with RHML they aren’t going to make a big difference. Might be worth trying a target painter as it will make it easier for your missiles and your drones to hit, but will mostly make a difference on NPC frigs, maybe some of the faster cruisers.

I don’t fly the rattlesnake enough to get very specific, might be better to use an MWD instead of the AB for example, also probably better to use 3 purger rigs than 2 purger 1 extender, but it’s going to be a rather small difference overall.

overall what will make a difference is getting up to t2 and/or faction gear along with more SP. Also once you know the missions you can probably drop a few tank mods and get a little more damage out.

1 Like

I prefer active to passive fits unless you intend to take it to a wormhole with sleepers, otherwise they are perfectly sufficient and work well. The one below gets around 1400 DPS with RHMLs and Ogres deployed. It has a total of 120 HP/s between its active booster and a bit of passive regen, 70+ resistances across the board, omni tank, 20k+ shield. You can upgrade the SB to XL but your cap will take a serious dive and you’ll have to rework it, IMHO not worth it as what it has is more then sufficient and you can always MJD out for some regen and regain HP if push comes to shove.

Use medium drones for frigates, don’t even bother with lights. This is why it has the Valkyries. You can and should also have at least 3 ammo types with you between kinetic / thermal and high damage / precision / range.

Its also an easy refit to cruise missiles and making it into sniping ship. Basically switch the RHMLs to cruise, dump one of the cap rigs and pop another rigor, dump the Hiva BCS and go with all Caldari, dump one of the Power Diagnostic Systems and stick an enhancer in there and switch one of the medium drone flights to Wardens. You will have less tank, but you simply won’t need more.

[Rattlesnake, *Simulated Rattlesnake Fitting]
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II
Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Thukker Large Shield Extender
Pithum C-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier
Pith C-Type Large Shield Booster
Pithum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Shadow Serpentis 500MN Microwarpdrive
Large Micro Jump Drive

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II
Small Tractor Beam II

Large Semiconductor Memory Cell I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II

Valkyrie II x5
Ogre II x2
Vespa II x5

Scourge Fury Heavy Missile x1625

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.