[RAZSU] Zaibatsu Associated News Institute hub

Auljam Karvose pushes to establish wrestling brand in the Raata Zaibatsu

Nannaras X - Hoiyori Colony

June 4th- YC 120

In light of the controversy surrounding the Bejawl’s main event finale on the 1st of June. A debate has sprung up among leadership as Karvose pushes to make professional wrestling a flagship source of entertainment for the Raata Zaibatsu. Despite the “sport” having little to no connection to Raata culture; Karvose insists its highly compatible and would be beneficial to enriching thetraditions and customs of the Zaibatsu.

“The RCW…Raata Championship wrestling. Think about it, we get a belt - either have the plates on it made from pure Amarrian gold or maybe folded steel from Caldari Prime. Then have a large roster of talent duke it out to earn the right to wear it and be the champion of the Zaibatsu. "

“We build a lore around it with rivalries and friendships in the form of stables and tag-teams. It’s called wrestling, but it’s more about the personalities and characters of those involved. We create and tell the audience a story of triumph and failure. It’s hardly any different than those Raata plays we showed before.”

• Auljam Karvose

Undoubtedly a remark from a man who savors creativity over competition. However, some of the CORE council prefer the latter over the former. Auljam’s biggest opposition in these debates is none other than Tokitu Yaken himself, who found the entire fight to be disgusting to watch even while under the illusion it was a real fight.

“It glorifies dishonor for the sake of drama. I witnessed three examples during that mockery of competitive combat. It started with Brali attacking his opponent before the fight even began, the fight spilling out of the ring with only a slow count to ten before they’re disqualified, and lastly , Brali going as far to attack the referee after winning…"

"Is this the kind of entertainment we want representing us? Representing the values we stand for? No, if we’re to have a sport that involves combatants; it will be one where the outcome is determined by skill and honor. Not writers wanting to manufacture thrill and excitement.”

• Tokitu Yaken

On Tokitu’s remark of professional wrestling glorifying dishonor, Auljam has stated “That’s a heel for you.”. A “Heel” is the “villain" of the stories, the bad guy that the crowd is against (or for) that embodies every negative value society holds. A “Face" is the beloved hero of the people that swoops in to save the day and be a role model that is the exact opposite of their heel opposition. Auljam went on to suggest Brali did a bang up job of playing a heel if Tokitu was that miffed at the performance.

CEO of Lucrative Excavations, Monden Searbier, pitched in his own 2 ISK on Auljam’s push for professional wrestling, with a comment that indirectly gives merit to Tokitu’s call for actual unscripted matches.

“I couldn’t stand that garbage back in the Federation. Me? I was a man that appreciated the sweet science behind a classic boxing match. A sport where the champions are actual champions that earned their status. When someone won a fight? They won the fight - end of story. The drama wasn’t petty, it was real because the competition wasn’t a illusion. I didn’t need some malarkey storyline to get me excited. "

"All I needed were two fighters that desperately wanted to get the win over the other. THAT’S what puts thrill into a fight. THAT’S what got me jumping out of my seat and shouting at my holo-screen “Get him! Get him!”…It was real. You could brag about being a champion in that sport, but with wrestling? I roll my eyes whenever a wrestler brags about being a champion, because all I hear is ‘Hey, the writers came up to me and said I get the belt!’ It’s all pointless …”

• Monden Searbier

The only members of the CORE leadership showing any support for Auljam’s idea of entertainment are Viokoro Velen and Stelmari Oksasio, with Tuilina Malioka, Olimi Tertel and most notably the Patriarch himself, Huan Yaken, remaining neutral in the debate. But let’s not ignore that the population who make up the Zaibatsu have their own opinions on the matter, with some having loved the act and others dismissing it as rubbish.

However these debates evolve, ZANIE will be here to report on it further.

6 Likes