[RAZSU] Zaibatsu Associated News Institute hub

Myskytuuli Regiment investigating trend of fishing boats vanishing at sea between Namiyo and X-ZFA12

Nannaras X

September 27th - YC 120

Between the coasts of Namiyo and X-ZFA12, five fishermen boats out searching for Suunuchi eels and Growbler fish have been reported missing with all hands on deck. These reports have all been made within the span of three days with one vessel vanishing on the 23rd, another one on the 24th, and three on the 26th. After the first two disappearances were attributed to havoc weather conditions, the sudden spike to three simultaneous disappearances in a single day has provoked the Myrskytuuli Regiment to take control of this investigation for matters of public security.

Originally the investigation rested in the hands of a civilian coast guard with enough resources for search and rescue operations. The only success this coastal unit has had in the investigation however was the recovery of one lone survivor of the vessel lost of the 24th. This survivor, an eel handler named Nikoti Janhuda claims to have witnessed what destroyed the ship he was on. When approached by ZANIE reporters, Nikoti had this to say.

“So I’m on the top deck, right? Port side, everything suddenly starts getting darker as this storm cloud comes out of nowhere. Literally, in fact, it just appears all of a sudden. Boat starts shaking and this orb or something rises halfway out of the water…A-And it’s got this big solid red eye, bright like a spotlight. It stares at me before this large shadowy tentacle shoots out from the water and…BAM, right down the center of my boat, cuts it in half."

"T-T-Then another pops out of the water, right? It takes a swing at us from the side and sends our wreckage flying! I’m saying we were airborne for a brief moment! Equipment, eels and the crew just falling from the sky. I held on to dear life to a pipe and stayed clinged to it until rescue arrived.”

• Nikoti Janhuda

This vague retelling of events was initially regarded as a tall tale by coastal units, but has been taken into account by Myrskytuuli Regiment officers as of now. Tokitu Yaken of the Regiment has released this statement in regards to where they currently stand in the investigation. Along with a decree to forbid fishing on the eastern coast of Namiyo until further notice.

“We’re looking into all plausible causes for these disappearances. Kidnapping, tripping of some abandoned security network, piracy. And as silly as suggesting a sea monster is responsible. We won’t out rule the possibility of an unknown and dangerous life-form in this planet’s ocean. "

"Until then, no ship is to undock and venture out into the deep sea from the east coast of Namiyo until further notice. Fishing operations however may continue on the west coast.”

• Tokitu Yaken

The Ohrion Conglomerate have a small department researching the seas of Nannaras X. The waters here are rather unexplored, both public databases and the database created by the Ohrions barely scratched the surface of the deep blue. The Ohrions working in this small department have expressed their excitement in the possibilities of discovering another life-form on Nannaras. To this, they’ve been enlisted by the Regiment in the investigation to supply scans of the body of water for any anomalies.

Should a life-form be discovered to be behind this, policies are in place to prevent the Myrskytuuli Regiment from using lethal force against it. The Ohrion Conglomerate would first have to be made aware so they can begin observations to study the creature’s behavior. That said, should the creature become a threat to the mainland of Namiyo, the Regiment is authorized to use full force against it.

ZANIE will follow up on however this story develops.

5 Likes