Rebalancing The Economy

Yes, that’s why it’s different in Eve: minerals have their own intrinsic value. I.e. you can sell them for a specific price. Even if you chose to not build them into something else.

Read the more eve specific example instead of picking on the Non-Eve example. N

To make it even more obvious:

• Assume you have 0 isk
  • You now mine Minerals in a rorqual for 2 hours (~200mil worth of ore)
  • You sell these minerals, you now have 200 mil ore

• Assume you have 0 isk
  • you now mine Minerals in a rorqual for 2 hours (~200 mil worth of ore)
  • You chose to build a Raven from these minerals, let’s assume it consumes all the minerals for the sake of educating you)
  • you sell the raven for 150 mil

=> Now, which has made you more isk?

Minerals aren’t free because they have a value of their own. If you can’t figure this out, please, stop doing industry. It’s not good for you.

EDIT: FOR GODS SAKE, WHY DO I EVEN TRY. Please stop derailing this topic with the “Minerals are free” Nonsense. They aren’t. They have a value. It’s not hard to understand.

Oh and last but not least:

No, opportunity costs do have a place even in a game with infinite ressources. Why? Because the ressource you are looking at is the time you spent playing, and, as you know, that’s not endless.

I have figured it out…
Mechanically speaking every single mineral is worth .06 ISK, the only reason they seem higher on market is cause lazy people dont want to gather their stuff…

now as to your example…
yes i would have a raven,
I mined them…
I can now turn your Rorq into scrap…

and you would end up with a nice killmail for your raven. Now you have wasted 3 hours for nothing but the shame of a lost ship because you didn’t do your homework on what a rorqual can do besides mining…

Now, please stop derailing. Your Nonsense is of no use, contrary to this thread. Thanks in advance.

nah, really just give it up

Goons have figured it out…they are using a decent economic model that is opposite of your defintion.

Imdone here

Pretty much everything Mingja has been saying in correct but I’m going to reiterate one point and boil it down to very simple term for you.

If an item sells for 80mil, and you mine the exact right amount of minerals to make it. However, when you look at the makret those minerals are worth 100 mil. If you don’t sell them as minerals, and make the item, you’ve just paid 20mil more for the item than it is worth. If you sell the item, you’ve not made a loss of 20mil, you’ve actually made a loss of 27mil, becaue you’ve forgotten to take into account that not only are you selling the minerals that you mined for less than they are worth on the market, you’re paying fees to list the item for sale.

If you were planning to use the item, if you make the item you end up wth the item. If you sell the minerals and buy the item you have the item + 13 mil (100 mil - 7%). Profit.

The source of the resources or their availability and limit is irrelevant when you’re working this out. They may be infinite but they still have a value. And you’re cheating yourself out of isk.

All this of course is assuming your time is worthless. If you want to assume that go ahead, it’s your time. But most people will look at how much they can earn in an hour with each given activity and value their time accordingly. When it comes to this mining is terrible. A miner (assuming a decent but not best ship (lets go with retreiver with best fit), good availability of ores) makes substantially below the 20mil/hr mark. Many combat pilots or explorers can exceed that with a little luck. Their income is less consistent but on average much higher. Lets not get into multi cleinting because you can always multi cleint missions etc. I’m not saying don’t mine, if it’s what you enjoy fine, but that time you spend mining has value. And what you mine certainly does, look at the market.

The simple fact that pvp (destruction) is an active mechanics (you need to play in front of your computer to pvp) while industry is a passive mechanics (only need some easy clics once in a while) lead to more production than destruction…

In others words, many players have a lots of alts doing production 24/24 while they usually have one toon doing pvp (and only a few hours a day)…

you can still make a lots of money doing industry but most of the time, not by doing T1 modules…

I don’t think this has something to do with it.

People just don’t fly what they can’t afford to lose. You need to earn the money and if that money is hard to earn , then you will naturally spent much more time earning it.

Even the most Hardcore PvP-Player must earn Isk somehow, because else he wouldn’t be able to PvP. The “fix” to this is imho:

Make players earn more isk, then syphon the isk via ISK sinks out of the game. Eve is, similar to RL, meaning that the inflation creates a greater demand for productivity. So, similar to real life, players need to be more productive if they want to continue their usual habbits.

This pressure comes mostly from Plex and T2 prices in Eve and doesn’t apply to T1 ships ofc, but yeah, if you want to continue what you’ve done the past 10 years, you need a much, MUCH larger ammount of isk than you needed back then.

The counter to this is to stop inflation. That’s why I believe that we, very desperately, need ISK sinks along with a drastic increase in value for isk making activities.

How this is to be achieved exactly? I really have no clue, lol. Isk sinks are an extremely difficult topic in Eve. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.