This is a revival of an old idea of mine that is quite relevant now in lieu of recent ore anomalies’ changes.
I’m not a person of many words… so here it is:
- have all rats to drop “broken” meta/faction/DS/Officer modules/parts instead of complete ones
- broken modules/parts are inoperable as is but can be repaired
- in order to repair any meta module you need a complete T1 equivalent
Mechanic for modifying modules already exist in form of mutaplasmids, so repairing can have similar interface but produce static results - meta modules.
What this will achieve:
- higher mineral consumption (better payoff for newer/miner players if mineral prices rise)
- a way for newer players to do some meaningful T1 industry besides mining and selling ore
- a logical explanation for lower salvage from dropped meta modules (they are “broken”)
- a better meta-modules will cease to be cheaper than plain T1 (market sanity)
- that way ALL modules will be truly produced by players.
It is a win/win/win scenario for many types of players and game itself. For those who think that it would somehow devalue loot - it wont because it will still be worth the minerals you can get by refining. And high demand meta modules will retain their price anyway because thats just how market works.