Resource distribution suggestion: consumption

This is a revival of an old idea of mine that is quite relevant now in lieu of recent ore anomalies’ changes.

I’m not a person of many words… so here it is:

• have all rats to drop “broken” meta/faction/DS/Officer modules/parts instead of complete ones
  • broken modules/parts are inoperable as is but can be repaired
  • in order to repair any meta module you need a complete T1 equivalent

Mechanic for modifying modules already exist in form of mutaplasmids, so repairing can have similar interface but produce static results - meta modules.

What this will achieve:

• higher mineral consumption (better payoff for newer/miner players if mineral prices rise)
  • a way for newer players to do some meaningful T1 industry besides mining and selling ore
  • a logical explanation for lower salvage from dropped meta modules (they are “broken”)
  • a better meta-modules will cease to be cheaper than plain T1 (market sanity)
    and finally
  • that way ALL modules will be truly produced by players.

It is a win/win/win scenario for many types of players and game itself. For those who think that it would somehow devalue loot - it wont because it will still be worth the minerals you can get by refining. And high demand meta modules will retain their price anyway because thats just how market works.

Discuss.

1 Like

I believe we already have variable input BPOs in the way of t3 and decryptors.
I would rather see them use the T1 BPO with this added component to properly manufactor a meta module.

However, this is a feature I believe even CCP discussed at one point.

P.s. First they need to finish tiericide.

1 Like

Correct. Module tiercide is the first step on the road to player built meta modules. Unfortunately, tiercide keeps getting bumped by higher priority tasks - they’ve been working on it for years.

The named components needed for the manufacturing process are already in the game - used by capital meta modules - and these components can be expected to replace modules in the loot tables.

Personally I would assign a higher priority to this than CCP has to date - it adds gameplay for newer players interested in industry - they’ll actually be able to build stuff that has value!

1 Like

Soo… never? They’ve promised some by the (past) summer and nothing have been done.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.