Refining % in HISEC

Hi All,

Afew friends and i have been running a small indy corp for afew months now, and are currently on the tilt of moving down into Low/Null sec. That being said, afew of our members are still not quite ready to make that jump and have expressed a wish to remain mining in HISEC.

My question is - our current refinery facilitates a 78.2% refinery rate on ore to minerals. Does anyone know if this is the maximum achievable in HISEC? or if there even is a maximum yield? For those members unwilling to make the move; we’d like to keep the station running but at the same time want to offer as high a yield as possible for everyone.

I understand that this also incorporates skills from my character/Implants and rigs along with the engineering complex bonus.

Appreciate your time,

Zykes

Maximum for Tatara with T2 rig in Highsec is 79.8%
Tatara_Tech2Rig

This post has details:

The maximum available in HS at a T2-rigged Tatara is 79.77%.

However, the rig is far from ‘inexpensive’ and the ROI will be ages…

Morning all

appreciate the quick replies - helps us alot. I would appear id need to replace our Athanor with a Tatara and in doing so replace the existing rig. I’ll put it to the corp and see what they say.

Appreciate your time.

Zykes.

A t2 Tatara will run you probably 50bil. A t2 athanor will run you ~3-4b, and you will get .78%. Do some calculations and see how much ore it’ll take to recoup 50bil with a 1.5% difference. My estimates show it’ll take 3T in ore to break even.

1 Like

There’s a t2 rigged tatara in Perimeter that i’d assume everyone can use. Just use that.

What if he lived in Domain, or Heimatar? A t2 tatara 15j away from where they operating is going to negate any profits of using the t2 tatara.

We’re currently operating out of Inoue (The Citadel). After a vote last night i think we’re going to leave the Athanor there as is. The minimal extra 1% from a Tatara wouldn’t be worth the investment really.

Democracy at its finest!

really appreciate all the comments though - thanks again!

Zykes

I wish more station owners offered refining, many don’t offer refining so some systems are deserts for refining/compressing, kinda the reason I wish compressing could be like a mobile depot item, but I’ve added your system to my list.

Module cost fuel to run, compression can’t be taxed, refining at random locations isn’t what people look for.

Now that I know that the refineries can give me a very nice yield, I spent a little over a mil ISK in cost to refine, so I’m not sure what it cost in fuel per single run refine but I would hope that owner made a profit.

The refinery in question currently takes up 192 fuel blocks per day… which in the grand scheme of things is nothing; and we’re currently making around 5 million ISK a day through tax so its easily paying for its self.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.