Remove the ability to pay for game time with ISK

There would be less incentive for players to multibox or bot, if ISK was only usable for buying in-game stuff, and not to be used to obtain in fact a free-to-play game.

Right now I see lots of effort (and approval of the community) for making all forms of PVE harder. What’s the purpose? Do you really intend to make it so nobody should mine or rat without a fleet standing around his Procurer/VNI to defend him?
I am not talking about Rorquals and Carriers used for mining and ratting, those things already have a fleet ready to defend them.

So - most of the changes, (like the current blackout) affect the small time players ratting with 1 single VNI or Procurer. It will be harder for them. Maybe the purpose is to make everyone buy plex, with all this hate towards a part that is vital to the game (as a roleplaying game). Yes we can buy plex, and EVE loses a lot of it’s appeal, no longer a roleplaying game with space empires and resource wars, just buy your ships with cash and then seek that elusive “fun engagement”.

Which ships can I buy with cash in Eve?

If you need to do stuff in game to earn Omega then it’s not F2P…Alpha is F2P…

2 Likes

PLEX helps people have a legit way of converting their money to ISK. It also helps those that want to spend isk on in game time. While I understand your argument, it would cause more harm then good.

3 Likes

All of them. Buy PLEX, sell it on the market for ISK, then use that ISK to to buy your ship.

1 Like

Wait, but then I’m not buying the ship with cash. I’m buying them with Isk.

2 Likes

Game time is purchased with PLEX, which is sold by CCP for real world cash making it a significant source of income for the company. The ability to trade PLEX on the in-game market gives players who need ISK to finance in-game activity a legitimate way to acquire it and players who have lots of ISK and want to use it to pay for game time don’t need to use the black market. Win - win - win.

The problem is old content that can be farmed much too easily with low risk. I believe CCP understands the problem and is working toward a solution but it’s a long slow process and the people currently consuming that content won’t be happy!

1 Like

“remove a significant source of revenue for CCP” Ok good luck with your post

1 Like

It would be difficult to enumerate all of the reasons that this isn’t going to happen in a single post, and that you couldn’t think of enough of them to dissuade you from posting in the first place indicates that you probably wouldn’t really understand them, anyway.

So… LOL no.

3 Likes

If those people using bots and multiboxing Rorquals and Carriers (that everybody seems to hate) would have to pay for each of their accounts with $ instead of ISK, they would not do it. It would not scale so well, and the rewards would not be worth it.

There is a reason they are farming ISK instead of buying their ships with $ = PLEX - because they can do it for free. They multibox and they get to play for free and there is enough ISK leftover to play with. I am certain 90% of them would not put so much effort into botting or multiboxing if they had to pay for each character logged in.

And right now, all these counter measures taken against them - like this blackout, have a greater effect on players not multiboxing or botting, not even using Rorquals or carriers.

2 Likes

Your arguement that the blackout hurts regular players more then the botters is not backed up by any numbers. If you have them please share. Also getting rid of the PLEX would hurt more then just botters.

1 Like

This is a core EVE feature - one of the things that made the game different from others, and it’s one of the few things that keeps people playing as much as they can. Multiboxing and the like provides additional content for players by putting more targets in space. The plex economy is also based primarily on what you can get with it, and removing the ability to trade isk for plex for gametime would undermine one of the core fundamentals of the EVE economy.

There is zero chance CCP is going to implement this change.

1 Like

I maintain 144 accounts and over 440 active characters in my farm system, supplying in excess of 1,700 Skill Injectors per month to the community. Care to guess how many of these accounts would get mothballed if this were to be implemented?

You all are overthinking it. CCP (Pearl Abyss) could just sell ships for cash and remove the krabbing middleman entirely.

"Remove the ability to pay for game time with ISK?
This is ridiculous…no. go away now.

You do realize that people were multiboxing EVE before PLEX was a thing?

Another thing too, I’m sure this is already going on (to a lesser extent) but would get out of hand instantly with RMT. The ability to purchase PLEX taken away would go right into RMT with isk. Thing about that is not all of the real money would get fed back into subs (or whatever else), hence, part of why we have the system we have now. This is just my point of view.

1 Like

So let me try and make what I personally believe to be a stronger statement as to why to get rid of plex for game time, because it would make CCP make slightly more money. That’s about all it would really do as a benefit. All of the people who have stocked up on plex would suddenly get rid of a good portion of it because they wouldn’t be able to use it for game time so then they would buy skins and extractors and such so that they could make money.

Multiboxing isn’t being caused because of plex being used for gametime. Multiboxing is due to a lot of factors such as players wanting to have the upper hand on others because you have more tools at your disposal, or being able to move your own caps without relying on others who you may or may not trust. There’s a looooong list of reasons Multiboxing is a thing, in fact I have 4 Omega accounts and 1 Alpha. I use the 4 Omega accounts for nearly everything. I have yet to actually purchase game time with Plex.

Now as far as the null sec dynamic goes, that’s up to the kings/queens of null sec and the ceo’s that people follow to create a way of protecting ratters. OR ratters can work together to kick ppl’s butts… Ok, someone just snickered in the back of the room, lemme explain. Let’s say you and one other person are in a belt mining away. You get jumped, you are probably going to lose because there are 2 of you. However, lets say everyone in the region mined in one belt/system and then moved as a fleet. Say you have 15 mining barges. Put some tank on those, Put a DDA in the low slot, suddenly whatever dps you have is multiplied by 15… that’s a lot of damage for just a mining fleet. Suddenly that small gang that was going to attack, just lost all their tackle ships because you shredded them apart. Suddenly their bigger ships are questioning if they reeeeaaaaally wanna give it a go.

TL;DR: You’ve stated, I believe incorrectly about how there’s a problem and this other thing that has very little to do with it is the cause. And they design this game so that no matter what, having larger numbers means you are winning.

Oh, wow. That’s amazing.

Show your work on that, please. :popcorn:

It hasn’t been one for years. That’s clearly noticable rhanks to all the people who use ■■■■■■■■ terms like playstyles and those who treat it like a collection of minigames.

“Everyone in EVE is a roleplayer by default” isn’t a thing anymore. Delusional escapists pretending to be good people “playing” White Knights aren’t roleplayers. Too many farmers in this game and unless we get rid of those, things won’t change for the better.