Here’s what’s recently been happening in Rens with T2 mods sellers:
- Certain item’s lowest Sell price is 1,000,000.
- Somebody lowers his Sell price to 999,999.99. (Usual Jita .01 isk lower thing).
- Next guy lowers his price to 989,999.99. 100,000 less. Why? Doesn’t he realize that most people buying T2 mods don’t know or care if the price is now 100,000 isk cheaper? They want the thing, and if they can afford it, they just buy it.
- Some other guy consistently does this thing: Lowers his price to 989,999.00. OK, .99 isk, no big deal. But still, the same logic-- what are you getting out of driving Sell prices down, considering that most players just buy at whatever the lowest price happens to be.
- Other guy lowers his price to 979,999.00. Again driving the Sell price down by 100k.
Can anyone think of a logical reason someone would not want to follow the Jita .01 isk-lower model? Said another way, any good reason someone would want to lower the price in 100k isk increments for everyone (himself included)? Some sophisticated scheme to profit by depress that specific local market? Or just basic dumbarsedness?