Reply with a famous quote

fuc% you code d%cks

1 Like

Something tells me there is a story about pve meets pvp in there somewhere.

“I told my wife the truth. I told her I was seeing a psychiatrist. Then she told me the truth: that she was seeing a psychiatrist, two plumbers, and a bartender.”

• Rodney Dangerfield
2 Likes

“What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.”

• Werner Herzog
1 Like

Peggy Bundy: “Honey, i’m back! Did you miss me?”
Al Bundy: “With every bullet so far…”

4 Likes

“In blossom today, then scattered:
Life is so like a delicate flower.
How can one expect the fragrance to last forever?”

• Vice Admiral Takijiro Onishi
    Kamikaze Special Attack Force
1 Like

Flashheart: “All right men, let’s do-oo-oo it! The first thing to remember is: always treat your kite [taps chalkboard picture of a biplane] like you treat your woman [whips the air with his cane].”

Lieutenant George: “How, how do you mean, Sir? Do you mean, do you mean take her home at weekends to meet your mother?”

Lord Flashheart: “No, I mean get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.”

Captain Blackadder: “I’m beginning to see why the suffragette movement want the vote.”

Lord Flashheart: “Hey! Any girl who wants to chain herself to my railings and suffer a jet movement gets my vote!”

~ Blackadder Goes Forth.

It’s all about the context.

1 Like

If you want to be happy for one day, eat a pork feast. If you want to be happy for a week, get married. If you want to be happy your whole life, learn to fish.
-Chinese proverb

2 Likes

CODE. don’t fly ducks, but if they did, they’d be Drakes.

1 Like

Speaking of Drakes

Your Majesty, from far off lands I bring you this, behold the mighty spud. ~ Sir Francis Drake, allegedly.

1 Like

The most exciting phrase to
hear in science, the one that
heralds new discoveries, is not
‘eureka!’ but ‘that’s funny…’
_ _ _ _ - Issac Asimov

The Most Exciting Phrase in Science Is NotEureka !’ ButThat’s funny …’ Dear Quote Investigator: The classic phrase that is supposed to be uttered by a scientist when he makes a major discovery is “ Eureka !” That was the famous cry of the ancient Greek sage Archimedes. ~Mar 2, 2015

“There’s no happy ending to cocaine. You either die, you go to jail, or else you run out.”

Sam Kinison

Perfection of means and
confusion of ends
seem to characterize our age.
_ _ - Albert Einstein

Peace I leave with you,
My peace I give to you :
not as the world gives,
give I to you.
Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid.
_ _ - Jesus Christ

Franz Kafka, novelist:
In the struggle between yourself and the world second the world.

The mediation by the serpent was necessary. Evil can seduce man, but cannot become man.

He is terribly afraid of dying because he hasn’t yet lived.

Albert Einstein:
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Solitude is painful when one is young, but delightful when one is more mature.

Lars von Trier, filmmaker:
If you want to provoke, you should provoke someone who is stronger than you, otherwise you are misusing your power.

More than anything, there are more images in evil. Evil is based far more on the visual, whereas good has no good images at all.

Nothing exists; even if something exists, nothing can be known about it; and even if something can be known about it, knowledge about it can’t be communicated to others. Nihilism has no substance. There is no such thing as nothingness, and zero does not exist.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/nietzsche/#CritReliMora

Friedrich Nietzsche / Quotes

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.

To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

= - = - = - = - = -

• Sometimes people don’t want to hear the truth because they don’t want their illusions destroyed.

• It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.

• Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

• The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.

• One ought to hold on to one’s heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.

• The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind.

• The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

• I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.

• No one can construct for you the bridge upon which precisely you must cross the stream of life, no one but you yourself alone.

• Today as always, men fall into two groups: slaves and free men. Whoever does not have two-thirds of his day for himself, is a slave, whatever he may be: a statesman, a businessman, an official, or a scholar.

• There are no beautiful surfaces without a terrible depth.

• The lonely one offers his hand too quickly to whomever he encounters.

• You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

• Man is the cruelest animal.

• There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.

• The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.

• What does your conscience say? — ‘You should become the person you are’.

• Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.

• Here the ways of men divide. If you wish to strive for peace of soul and happiness, then believe; if you wish to be a disciple of truth, then inquire.

= - = - = - = - = -

27 Quotes About Laughter (and Its Healing Power)

• The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.
    VOLTAIRE (more Voltaire quotes)

• To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain and play with it.
    CHARLIE CHAPLIN

• As soap is to the body, so laughter is to the soul.
    JEWISH PROVERB

• He who laughs, lasts!
    MARY PETTIBONE POOLE

• Power, money, persuasion, supplication, persecution—these can lift at a colossal humbug—push it a little—weaken it a little, century by century, but only laughter can blow it to rags and atoms at a blast. Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.
    MARK TWAIN

• If you can laugh in the face of adversity, you’re bullet-proof.
    RICKY GERVAIS (more Ricky Gervais quotes)

• Trouble knocked at the door, but, hearing laughter, hurried away.
    BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

• The person who has a sense of humor is not just more relaxed in the face of a potentially stressful situation, but is more flexible in his approach.
    JOHN MORREALL

• I have always felt that laughter in the face of reality is probably the finest sound there is and will last until the day when the game is called on account of darkness. In this world, a good time to laugh is any time you can.
    LINDA ELLERBEE

• Laughter serves as a blocking agent. Like a bulletproof vest, it may help protect you against the ravages of negative emotions that can assault you in disease.
    NORMAN COUSINS

• We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh.
    FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE

4,139,884 views • Jul 18, 2010

1,329,466 views • Sep 21, 2012

The Secret of Monkey Island’s hero channelling his inner Obi-Wan.
Cabana Boy:
Let me see your membership card and I’ll let you through!
Guybrush Threepwood:
You don’t need to see my identification.
Cabana Boy:
I don’t need to see your identification.
Guybrush Threepwood:
I’m not the pirate you’re looking for.
Cabana Boy:
You’re not the pirate I’m looking for.
Guybrush Threepwood:
I can go about my business.
Cabana Boy:
You can go about your business.
Guybrush Threepwood:
Move along.
Cabana Boy:
Move along, move along… hey! Your mind tricks won’t work on me, boy!

2 Likes

One of my favorite TV speeches, from the old Dragnet. The boy’s considering joining the police force, Joe Friday isn’t exactly talking him out of it, just laying down the truth.

Dad was a cop for over 30 years, and according to him there’s no more truthful thing ever said about it than this.

1 Like

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it. ~ Sir Terry Pratchett.

1 Like

“You call that a dare? Watch this…”

1 Like

“There is no point in planning your life down to the last detail: Destiny will always have the last word.”

Spirit Metaphysical Spirituality

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those
who falsely believe they are free.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Stilles bescheidenes Leben gibt mehr Glück als erfolgreiches Streben, verbunden mit beständiger Unruhe.

Albert Einstein
“A calm and humble life will bring more happiness than the pursuit of success and the constant restlessness that comes with it.”

A second note written at the same time simply reads: “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.” It sold for $240,000, Winner’s auction house said.