Request for Special Edition Memorial Cyno for Cyno Vigils!

Just got linked to this thread on twitter after someone who doesn’t like the changes was of course trying to use it to incite people who’re mad about the changes to be even angrier.

You raise a super valid point and I think it’s really important to continue traditions that have been built up over years in EVE. Thanks for bringing it to us in a civil and respectful way, it’s much appreciated.

I know the pain of losing friends in EVE personally - I’ve lost a few over the near seventeen years that I’ve been flying in New Eden. For sure this is something that personally feel we should address.

The Cyno changes are necessary to keep the continued evolution of EVE flowing, but I totally agree that they’re leaving some pilots who want to pay their respects out in the cold because of the cost of having a recon and the potential for losing it in a scenario that’s typically not combat related.

I’m not a Game Designer so I can’t promise anything, but it’d be super cool to see a module that mimics a visual effect similar to a cyno (maybe even something new) but doesn’t have the mechanics behind it to enable a jump.

I’ll bring this thread to the attention of the Game Design and Art teams and hopefully we can get a conversation going about it.

We’re already working on a replacement monument for the Molea cemetary, and allowing players to honor pilots who’ve been lost is something that’s very close to our hearts, so we’ll see what we can do for sure.

16 Likes