Resistance change and returning players

They know how to adapt, and would only welcome new challenge.

Interesting. Could you please elaborate?

???
The DST is now broken !
I put my in the freezer hoping that someday CCP will return his EHP !

Some specifics? At least, show your fitting.

[Impel, Over 1.Mi EHP HOT - Sub 10s warp]

Corpus X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Corpus X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Corpus X-Type Armor EM Hardener
Corpus X-Type Armor EM Hardener
Centus X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Centus X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Centus X-Type Armor Explosive Hardener

Medium Micro Jump Drive
10MN Afterburner II

Prototype Cloaking Device I

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

High-grade Amulet Alpha
High-grade Amulet Beta
High-grade Amulet Gamma
High-grade Amulet Delta
High-grade Amulet Epsilon
High-grade Amulet Omega
Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Management SM-705
Inherent Implants ‘Noble’ Mechanic MC-805
Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Operation SP-905
Inherent Implants ‘Noble’ Hull Upgrades HG-1005

:astonished:

You actually fly that thing? … Its a gank magnet even empty.

1 Like

you wish, they wont reduce NPC on either resistance or weapons damages

It is a High-Sec 750M Fit …
Cheaper than many Battleships flying through High-Sec …
The only expensive thing is the Implants … In High-Sec it is rare to have your Pod destroyed.

My High-Sec Impel was able to do more than 1.M EHP HOT …
With the changes it doesn’t even make 300.K EHP.

This Fit has paid itself multiple times …
Has been attacked 3 times … and survived …

2 Likes

Sigh … all those retards that can’t understand that if you tank 120% of the room DPS and you lose 20% then you lose your ship.

Yeah math are hard for you. I envy your lack of intelligence for not being able to do simple math and yet able to open your mouth to claim BS.

By DEFINITION, if you lose enough tank you also lose your ship in PVE - unless of course you don’t rely on tank, but that’s a matter of taste, not anything mandatory.

No, I dont wish.

Im not one of the ones who think the game should be easier.

1 Like

But its not simply “20%”, though. People are only losing anywhere between 5 and 10% of resists.

Its easy to say “120% tank, lost 20% and therefore i died”, but its not as easily quantifiable as that, and its a lot more complex, and therefore less impactful because its not a clear cut “Hey i used to survive every time with 1 HP of Structure left but now I keep dying every time.”

Most, if not all people dont go into L4 missions with the fitting mentality of “ill tank just enough so that I can survive up until 1 HP structure”. We give ourselves a decent leeway in tank, whether we go buffer or active.

The people who are going to be affected, are the people who warp out every 10 seconds because they cant handle the DPS. People like that will probably lose their ships. And those people shouldnt be running L4s to begin with. Everyone else will realize the change, and either warp out, or be perfectly fine, because losing 5% of resists isnt a problem.

How many players do you honestly think, who were perfectly fine and were able to tank the DPS without having to warp out, would come back and suddenly find themselves losing ships in a span of 5, 10 seconds, i.e. a small enough amount of time that would destroy them before they could warp out?

And yet youre oversimplifying it.

Sure. But people have tried, and havent really been impacted very much by this change.

1 Like

That’s just a nonsense.
The ppc is meaningless. What is important, is the amount of REP (in EHP/s) you lose in PVE. And depending on the fits, you can lose up to 40% of this REP (for double PAT invul loki - for specific hardeners it’s even more)

But YES it is. it’s a very clear cut in the rep power, depending on the modules installed.
It’s literally exactly quantifiable as that. I made the table of the loss in % for each module, depending on the stacking penalty position. (it’s wrong because I did not take into account the compensation skills, so actually the loss is bigger)

If you were using two caldari invul, you lost EXACTLY 18.6% of your rep power.
If you were using a CN EM ward field + an CN invul you lost 26.7% rep power on the EM.

{citation needed}

No. First, everybody that uses tank with resist is affected.
But yes you are right : the people who will have to react are the people who lost more rep power than they had in excess. So either the people who were NOT overtanked by a large amount, or the people who were overtanked with blinged ships (because the proportion of loss increases with the bling).

But people who bling fits won’t tell you, because this is Eve : you don’t give accurate personal data, especially data that make you a target. So you don’t know of what people actually do. And you won’t ever.

That’s a stupid question. You don’t honestly think of a number, you make up one. So you are the opposite of honesty when you ask that question.

I am not. That’s literally how it works in the game.

And I tell you that some activities I did became literally impossible.
I also explained why your maths are wrong, and why “people” actually claim BS about how it does not impact their gameplay.

Sucks for you/them if they can’t be bothered to check for changes.

1 Like

No its not, and this is proof. Youre talking about specific fits on very high-end ships, modules and implants.

Yes, If I take a specific fit where this change equates to 120% tank, losing 20% and therefore i died, sure, in that instance, and only in that instance, is it easily quantifiable.

For everyone else?

How nonsensical, dishonest, and completely disconnected from everyone else do you have to be, in order to disregard most players experience of this change and concentrate on the very select few that are going to be affected the most? Who are almost definately going to be veterans of this game and used to having to change their fits to adapt to the changes that come with each patch?

For what? Do you need a Citation when someone tells you that Water is wet? Are you honestly going to tell me that even 50% of players who run L4 missions are going to balance their ships on 1 HP of structure? Are you completely devoid of common sense, as well?

My mistake. I thought you had the mental capacity to understand context and nuance.

Im not sure what this has to do with anything.

I didnt ask for a number, Dipsh*t.

For specific fits, you mean. And Only for specific fits.

I dont think i ever said that no one was ever impacted by a lot from this change.

It’s the same.

Whats the same?

no, it works the same for every fit.

So every fit that used to work, pre-patch, is now dead?

Remember, what I said.

Wait, you probably dont, so ill quote myself again.

WTF ? No but every fit that relied on resistances to increase its rep power is affected the same.

No I just ignored most of your post since it was just insults and not even trying to understand basic math.

It is literally as easily quantifiable as that. If a fit lost 20% to its tank, it lost both 20% of the effective rep AND 20% of this tank layer , so it will now tank LESS damage but also require LESS damage than before to be in a critical state.

so BEFORE you tank could go down to 25% before killing the rats and reducing it to a manageable level ; now you can tank 20% less damage and at the same time you have 20% less EHP so you will not be able to handle this.
It’s THAT simple, assuming you lost 20% of your rep. So two EANM lost 11.2 % ; and specific hardener + EANM lost 25.9% (not sure if working with old or new values) of BOTH the rep AND the armor layer. if you went down to 30% with EANM+specific hardener, you will now go down to hull.

That thing can tank all the L4 missions with speed (including AngelExtravaganza bonus pocket). Generally you need 300 ehp tank in a Battleship for any non-storyline/non-faction L4 mission.
Resists are just an icing on the cake, and PAT invulns in L4 are overkill anyway.

yes , so ?