18.04 Release - General Feedback

Hello,

Please use this thread for general feedback on anything included in the 18.04 monthly release.

Quick Info:

Other Information Threads:

4 Likes

Well, I’m excited.

@CCP_Dopamine in the notes it doesn’t say anything about the Reactive Armour Module being effected or not by the 20% resistance mod.

Reduced effectiveness of all resistance modules by 20%

• Includes all active and passive armor and shield resistance modules.
  • Does not include resistance rigs or damage controls.
2 Likes

Reworked super carrier support fighter tubes:

Support fighter tubes decreased from 2 to 1
Heavy fighter tubes increased from 3 to 4
Light fighter tubes increased from 2 to 3

Supers have always been able to use 3 flights of light fighters, is this a typo? I was also under the impression that supports were being completely removed from supers. When did this change or is that also a typo?

3 Likes

The change was the removal of the support and heavies replacing them.

There was never any mention of lights being changed, just someone in the topic saying it was.

This update means that we need to spend more ISK because we loose more, we will be forced to bling the ships with more expensive fits, and it can only be compensated by staying longer period of times playing, which is not healthy, or keep buying PLEX (more dollars, making the game more expensive to play)

Not sure if in this way CCP can grant the long term future of the game. We will see in couple of months when the COVID-19 pandemic passes and the amount of players get reduced drastically, they will see the hit in the income from Omega and PLEX sales as it will no longer be attractive to average players as real life time and cash will be scarce.

At the end, and in my humble opinion, CCP has to be responsible for the real life health and economy of the players, in this way I believe they can grant the sustainability of the game.

Raas

18 Likes

I thought that the plan was to remove support fighters from supers? Was this reverted at the last moment?

• Reworked super carrier support fighter tubes:
    • Support fighter tubes decreased from 2 to 1
    • Heavy fighter tubes increased from 3 to 4
    • Light fighter tubes increased from 2 to 3

Confirmed that the support fighters are removed from supers

1 Like

No changes to the market order relist fee?

Disappointing.

5 Likes

Once again the ability to proof read their posts has proven too much for CCP.

In the article here they state:

Capital changes in this update include:

• Removal of support fighter tubes for Super Carriers with the addition of one extra Heavy Fighter tube

Yet in the patch notes just released they state:

Reworked super carrier support fighter tubes:

• Support fighter tubes decreased from 2 to 1

So have the support fighter tubes on a Super Carrier been decreased or removed… as there is a slight difference.

FFS CCP it really isn’t that difficult to have some one, literally anyone on staff read this crap before you post it to ensure it is correct.

CCP Please!

Cypr3ss.

11 Likes

I just saved a bunch of money on my ship spinning by switching to alpha.

18 Likes

Also on ship description say: can launch light heavy and support fighters. Tried to add support fighters: you cannot… :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes, hence my question as it doesn’t correspond to what they initially said.
But apparently, all is well and support fighters were removed.

Hooray, I can die even more now. Another step in the wrong direction.

21 Likes

You are right. The RAH however has no resistance bonus but a resonance mult, like the DC, siege, emergencyhullenergizer.

1 Like

The update isn’t too bad. I only lost 10% total EHP on my Skiff running 3 x Invuln II’s.

4 Likes

Greetings Capsuleers,

the support fighters were removed from Supers, this was a typo, apologies for the confusion.

Light Fighters were unchanged, and the erroneous line has been removed.

4 Likes

T1, Faction and Pirate Battleship base scan resolution increased 40%
Hyperion: 110-143 (30%)
Abaddon: 85-111 (30.5%)
…

Can we trust what is in the PATCH NOTES?

7 Likes

Why Jump Freighters haven´t received a hitpoint buff like normal freighters?

They still have to travel gate to gate for the hisec part of the route, and die everyday to the now buffed short range ammo like normal freighters.

6 Likes