[RESOLVED] Extended Downtime Notification - 28 & 30 January 2023

Hello everyone,

There is a small chance of extended downtime on Saturday, 28 January while we conduct hardware upgrades on the EVE Online server. We expect to be able to complete this within the usual downtime window, but this process may take up to an additional 5 minutes, anticipating the work to be completed at no later than 11:20 UTC.

In addition, on Monday, 30 January there will also be an extended downtime whilst we make network adjustments. We anticipate that change will also take an additional 5 minutes, anticipating the work to be completed at no later than 11:20 UTC.

PLEASE NOTE that TQ will be brought back online as soon as the maintenance is completed which can be ahead of schedule of the previously mentioned downtime.

Any updates will be posted here and on the EVE Status Twitter .

Edit: Saturdays update is complete and TQ is online and accepting connections at 11:04 UTC
Edit: Mondays update is complete and TQ is online and accepting connections at 11:11 UTC

14 Likes

Please push this to the launcher as well so that people are aware of the potential for longer wait times.

8 Likes

Additional 5 minutes? That’s like several thousands of ISK loss for them poor miners. Will nobody think of the children? I’m sure they would appreciate some sort of compensation for their losses. :stuck_out_tongue:

:smirk: :smiling_imp: :popcorn:

12 Likes

That’s it. I am done with Eve.

sarcasm sign

4 Likes

It’s a shame to see that after more than 18 years, CCP still have connection problems. This is where all the players’ monthly payments go.

2 Likes

Wow hardware upgrades in 5 minutes is fast

2 Likes

One old hamster out, new young one in. Changing gere can be done pretty quickly.

m

9 Likes

Hamster. Gere. Well played, sir, well played…

4 Likes

Thank you for mentioning this. It’s thanks to the push to launcher that I became aware.
@CCP take your time, the extra 5 minutes won’t matter, take 10 extra if you want :slight_smile:
I am used to much longer downtimes (4 hours +)

2 Likes

oh no, what am i to do without my EVE. :smiling_face_with_tear:

You whiny noobs stop your griping . . sometimes the adults have to do their work so that the kids can play their silly internet game. . . go back to your mom’s basement and finish your breakfast!

Very good… very good

NOOOOOOO!!!

Actually this isn’t
many replies considering the billion pilots in Eve

My god i don’t understand why you can’t tell us about these things in advance i mean, like…geeewhiz…you just dump this on us all at once …like…no way…like,…forereal… :wink:

obligatory bicth post to cover all the bicth posts - check!

This means there’s time to eat something nutritional.

‘Whilst’ … ain’t we hoity toity

2 Likes

Join Brave

I will also spam something in here until the servers are online again.