[Resolved] Unexpected downtime - 1st September 2023

Dear players,
We are experiencing some unexpected issues with Tranquility and it’s currently under investigation. During this time its unlikely that you will be able to connect.

This thread will be updated with new information as it becomes available.

Thank you for understanding!

Update 19:25 UTC - At around 19:15 UTC Tranquility players were unable to log into the server and then players were disconnected. We’re looking into the issue and will provide updates when we have more information.

Update 19:40 UTC - We’re continuing to investigate. We have reached out to our network providers for further assistance.

Update 20:05 UTC - We’re continuing to investigate the issues with Tranquility. We appreciate the patience and will update you as soon as we have more information.

Update 21:00 UTC - Our developers are continuing to look into the outage that is affecting Tranquility and associated services. We will continue to provide updates every hour or sooner if more information becomes available.

Update 22:00 UTC - Summary - Around 19:15 UTC Tranquility and services started to encounter issues which resulted in players being disconnected / not being able to log in. Simultaneously, other services such as web sites and single-sign on were also impacted. Since then we have been investigating the cause and consulting with our various third party providers. We will provide information as soon as it is available.

Update 22:20 UTC - We do not expect that Tranquility will be accessible for at least the next couple of hours, most likely longer. Our Ops team are exploring all possibilities as to the cause of the outage.

Update 00:10 UTC - Tranquility remains offline but we are making progress in identifying the underlying cause.

Update 00:20 UTC - We will be temporarily disabling ESI as part of our efforts to bring Tranquility back online.

Update 00:27 UTC - Tranquility is being restarted and initially be in VIP mode.

Update 00:37 UTC - VIP is being lifted. TQ will be open and accessible.

Update 00:42 UTC - Tranquility is now open and accessible for players. A sincere thanks from all the developers for your patience. We will be monitoring Tranquility and its services closely.

Update 01:14 UTC - ESI has been enabled again.

75 Likes

Thanks for letting us know - I thought it was maybe my WIFI!

6 Likes

Is this is becoming a habit?

15 Likes

Servers are getting to old… haha

4 Likes

Thank you for this information. At least we know it’s not the local internet connection that’s causing the problem. Regards.

4 Likes

plis fix potato

4 Likes

I WANT MY MONEY BACK

6 Likes

Praise BOB! Now I can finally do other things

10 Likes

what’s the policy on ships lost because of the crash?

4 Likes

WHERE IS MY BOOT.INI ???

4 Likes

We suffered heavy losses. Would appreciate if that can be taken care of.

1 Like

if its ccp fault they reimburse u

3 Likes

Please submit a ticket via support@eveonline.com if you wish to have any loss investigated for a possible reimbursement.

6 Likes

is this an actual eligible thing for ship replacement in abyssal? last time this happened you wouldnt refind me my 5b ship

1 Like

You can now Omega my accounts for a month since I have a rorq mining fleet out floating somewhere.

2 Likes

you submit a petition and then they give you back the stuff you lost. happens every time.

1 Like

Hope I get my ship back. I was in the middle of a fight with some belt rats.

1 Like

Apply a support ticket, it is likely you get the ship back, but probably only what didn’t drop.

But imagine you are ganking a freighter and he is at hull when this happens. Nobody will refund you the kill :wink:

1 Like

This will be, as its an issue on CCPs side.

Are you guys seriously forcing me to do sth with my wife now? thats considered cruel and unusual punishment, CCP!

9 Likes