[Resolved] Unexpected downtime - 1st September 2023

I for one want to say Thank You to the support and tech teams behind this game. If not for them NONE of us would have a game to play, let alone a server to play it on. If a a few hours of downtime and a lost ship here and there is the worst of it, It’s still worth for the ability to play such an awesome and expansive verse of a game! So, that said to anyone who wants to bad mouth the game or staff for their continued efforts to keep us gaming… Shut up, Kiss butt, and be happy you still have such an awesome and amazing game to play!!!

3 Likes

Thank you, for working late on a Friday to get the servers back online.

3 Likes

up and running atm

1 Like

Back in 1832 a very famous Icelander called Ulrijk Berkmöhurnström cornered a particularly rare, and possibly the last of its kind, Beluga Whale. The specific trait that made this type of whale so unique was its precise and unwavering regular heartbeat, whether it was resting, asleep or in a state of extreme exertion the heart rate would stay at a constant reliable rate. The whale was taken to a secret location and soon after the entire island started to use the whales heart rate as its officially unofficial primary time piece by which all other timepieces would be set.

In 1902 it was moved to another secret location pending worries over volcanic concerns. Nothing was heard about the whale for many years until in 2003. It is rumoured that CCP acquired the whale and currently house it deep under CCP HQ by means of luring the guards away with Indian takeaway stashes located around the exterior of the site and while distracted managed to extract the whale with a large crane originally designed to lift horses over some of the smaller volcanoes scattered around the island.

It is pretty much accepted that all activities within EVE online that require time keeping - skill que, industry jobs, ship spinning etc etc are still directly connected to the same whales heart rate due to a delay in the development of the technology required to transfer a very large creature into a cloud and keeping it there.

Unless the whale is removed from CCP HQ there is no chance those time based services would stop.

3 Likes

Considering

Was the problem somewhere in the ESI system, nd is this at all related to the ESI bans like the one that took out EVEpraisal?

thank bob i am connected!

What about lost drones from the outage ?

Drones, I’m sure, are just lost, same as always. Hope they weren’t excavators or geckos.

2005 player… TY CCP!

Thank guys.

Had 10 days Omega before outage. Apparently ive been reverted to alpha state now. great. anyone else same issue?

1 Like

Update 01:14 UTC - ESI has been enabled again.

I seem to have ships that are moved in stations to different stations that I have not used in a while?

Will there be a write-up AAR on what happened? I am interested in the technology side of things that failed or broke whether unforeseen or by threat actors.

I am sure this is not how the Dev Team wanted to start their weekend.

Thanks, CCP Dev’s, GM, and ISD folks!!!

2 Likes

The drones join the Rogue Drones factions and will fight against you soon for abandoning them in space.

2 Likes

I’m going to go ahead and point a finger at the dustbunny

Cheers CCP for the time and effort :slight_smile:

1 Like

How can I get my lost mining drones back?

Warp back to same place (it should autoharp you to the disconnect point) and reconnect to lost drones (right click on ship). If drones are still there, you’ll get them back. If they got cleaned from space, then your only option is to open a support ticket with CCP…

1 Like

Ares you going to publish a post-mortem of the event explaining the root cause and recovery process? It would be interesting to read.

1 Like