Resource wars

so i have new guys asking me about resource wars and i told them all the basics of what they were and that ccp no longer deals with them.

what i want to know is when did they change the rats to diamond rats? ive missed that update and in a site i usually solo with a venture on a lvl 2 i can a cruiser nuke my venture from half shields to half hull despite orbiting the field of rocks while after burning which was my standard tactic years ago for soloing 1 & 2 with no issues.

1 Like

They always were?

Good question.

I missed that announcement too. It might have been casually mentioned in Patch Notes but I doubt it, more likely they just did a stealth change during their ā€˜Chaosā€™ experiment.

Anyway, CCP has lost all touch with reality if they think making the sites even tougher now will encourage players to engage in that content, especially if it still has the same crappy reward.

:expressionless:

This.

I remember very well being one shot by a cynabal, long ago.

IIRC you gain as much standing from L1, L2, ā€¦ and you can barely complete the L2 faster than the L1, with more difficulty in an expedition firgate, so itā€™s better to do L1 until you have enough standing to do L4. That is, donā€™t do L2 ^^

As others have pointed out, the NPCs in the Resource Wars sites were always ā€œdiamond ratsā€, although I cannot say whether they were e.g. rebalanced at some point, or their AI model updated.

Now, as for being able to handle the L2 sites solo on a Venture, I regularly do, but I had to trade the prop module in my fit for a second Medium Shield Extender II to increase the tank. While you can usually take care of any webbing frigates while mining, the lack of speed makes the timing in the L2 sites tight, but not terrible. Alternatively, you could use a Prospect.

If it is of help, this is what I use in Gallente space:

[Venture, Venture (Resource Wars - Gallente)]
Damage Control II

Medium Shield Extender II
Medium Shield Extender II
Thermal Dissipation Field II

EP-S Gaussian Scoped Mining Laser
EP-S Gaussian Scoped Mining Laser

Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II

Warrior II x2

And yes, the additional range of the EP-S Gaussian Scoped Mining Laser versus a regular Miner II helps, despite the lower yield. But thatā€™s just my approach - feel free to tweak it, experiment, and come up with yours! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It could be an opportunity for new guys to work as a group. More ventures = more drones. The description for the Resource War site should include fleet sizing. The rewards remain bland.

Depending on their objective in game, Mining Agent missions might provide more reward such as access to hardwire Implants and faction ammo.

And yes, the NPC were always tough. Resource Wars was more intended to be a fleet classroom than solo PvE.

3 Likes

Itā€™s been a while, but Iā€™m sure I ran Limited sites only to get enough standing for higher grade and then only ran Minor and Standard.

Iā€™ve collected just enough LP to buy all the SKINs for every faction. Prospect was the ship. Lost 1 or 2 along the way.

At first I wasnā€™t sure Standard were doable in Prospect, but then JonnyPew made his videos on RW. Great vids, too bad he wiped his channel.

Was going to give RW another try recently but lost 2 or 3 Prospects in the first few sites.

They definetly messed them up, buffed those diamond rats significantly. Probably while fixing FOB solo bashing.

1 Like

yes but ive never been 1 shot basically having resist and a booster while afterburning in a orbit mining.

6 drones where your allowed 3 ventures isnt going to do much vs a diamond cruser or having a t1 frigate/destroyer. RW always had a pilot limit that slight increases as the level increases

You are also allowed combat ships in the sites.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.