Returning pilot. Mouse keybinds not working

I’m trying to get back into the swing of things after a few years. I used to have some keys assigned to mouse buttons, ie jump/dock F1, lock target ctrl, close window ctrl+w, no macros just convenience things. Anyway, it’s not working this time around, the profile loads and tests fine in the Logitech software but the binds aren’t making it into the game.

I’m using a G700s and a Razer Orbweaver, the Razer profile works fine in game, I don’t think they’re conflicting because the mouse profile doesn’t work even when the Razer is off. I’ve also tried making the EvE profile for the mouse default and/or persistant with no luck.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Um, I got a few things to throw at you. Don’t know if they’ll work, but they’re easy to do. So start with that, and we’ll go from there. Also, if you do get this sorted out, please come back and tell us how you did it. It might help the next guy with the same problem.

• Install the latest logitech gaming software
  • Device Manager --> Human interface Devices --> “Logitech Gaming Mouse” \ “HID-compliant mouse” \ whatever it’s called --> Properties --> Power Management Tab --> Untick “Allow Windows To Turn This Device Off To Save Power”
  • Setup your keys again
  • Sacrifice a virgin goat or lamb
  • Try it out in Eve
  • report back

It says:

Doesn’t that breach Eve’s EULA ?

Well, this is what the Eula specifically says.

You may not use your own or any third-party software, macros or other stored rapid keystrokes or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play. You may not rewrite or modify the user interface or otherwise manipulate data in any way to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes or beneficial actions not actually acquired or achieved in the Game.

I don’t see how what he’s doing is in violation of the EULA. For one, all he’s doing is assigning existing game hotkeys to his mouse buttons,and two this isn’t giving him an advantage when compared to ordinary game play. If he want’s to be absolutely certain, he can email a GM. But, I don’t know why it would be a problem.

A multi-command macro will violate the EULA but a single command will not. I have a G502 mouse and have bound F1 to a button wich works fine. I’ve been planning to add a few others for years but never get around to it!

1 Like

Which is why I highlighted multi-command macro

As long as it’s 1 button for 1 action I don’t think it’s a problem, but it’s chaining a sequence of actions to a single button that I’m referring to.

(Sorry, quoted wrong post, this reply is directed at Shipwreck Jones)

Well, it appears I do have some dead buttons on the mouse after paying attention to the test page. However the ones that are working still follow the profile in Mechwarrior Online for example. All I can send to the Eve client is mouse clicks, no buttons at all.

The driver and profiling software are both up to date but I think a new mouse is in order. It might be a while before I can get another one with Covid-19 affecting shipping but if I do and it works I’ll follow up.

Thanks for the help.

I bought a new Logitech mouse about 6 months ago. All I wanted to do was bind dscan (v) and the probe window keys to buttons but after a few days messing around with it I gave up. Very annoying.

I don’t know if it’s a prob with the logitech software or eve itself, eve support were no use either.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.