Returning player a little confused

Hi All,

Left industry at the end of 2014 and then played very casually since then. Looking at coming back full time so have gotten my old industry stuff back out. I have about 50bill in good me carrier/component bpos and used to make a pretty solid amount of isk from them. I would build passive targeters and ship them to lowsec npc station where I would build the carriers, compression seems to have changed but do i now just buy “compressed ore” from the market and ship that.

Looking at the new numbers the market carriers seem far below the build cost, am I missing something or have I got 50bill of worthless bpos with current prices? I have enough for 3 carriers in components that I built before I left but none of the new aditional materials, even buying in the new materials seems to lead to a huge lose.

Failing that does anyone want to buy about 50bill of bpos :stuck_out_tongue:

You have 50B of still worthless carrier and capital component BPCs. Why? Because CCP screwed up industry big time with introduction of all sorts of other materials into ship building. Consider yourself lucky that you come back only now. That has been going on for nearly 2 years now and there is little sign of improvement despite a significant reduction of said materials. That said, in null sec in Sotiyos, it is said that cap production is profitable again after these changes. However, small time builders were intentionally shafted hard by CCP Rattati and CCP Psych with his update.

4 Likes

Welcome back!

Thats a real shame but I had a feeling that was going to be the response :frowning:

So not only is making stuff a lot more onerous, with lots of annoying new subcomponents that have to be brought in from all different corners of New Eden, but people are STILL liquidating old stock from before the change. I wouldn’t say it is impossible to be a solo industrialist right now, but it is sure isn’t like it used to be.

2 Likes

No. Made an indy alt, trained the BPO’s such as for a carrier, then could not see how I could make a profit unless I acquired ever component myself

I can’t see any way out of this mess, the solutions are too drastic even for me to be comfortable.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.