Returning player that’s been back for 2-3 months now after about 7 years of not playing. So much has changed. In the past I was pretty much a null sec guy. Now with a kid I just don’t have time to do the big alliance stuff. So I’ve decided to give hi sec a try.
My hi sec time is a mix of moon mining, abyssal sites and level 4 missions. But with that said I’ve been guilty of using a orca as a afk mining jet can. So I can see why CCP did what they did. But I think they missed a opportunity to create content but instead took content away. So my 2-3 months of returning game play and 10 minutes of thought came up with. Basically if I’m going to stay around my sandbox needs more sand.
• Remove 70% of NPC stations.
• Make all corps war eligible again.
• 1k km around a station is concord free zone in .5 systems.
• Station bonus are the same across the board. If anything they should be higher in WH space but same in null and hi sec.
• Orca’s become more killer whale like and less like free whilley. Gains more combat ability on top of its role for boosting. Maybe a large gun with an insane tracking boost since it’s such a big stable platform and fighters.
• Porpoise gains a EW bonus on top of its current role. Dampers/jammers with a big bonus to sentry drones.
• Make the ore belt spawn closer to the refinery for cover from fighters and launchers.
•Ninja mining is now gone as they can be attacked.
•Ganking turns into a brawl.
• Mining permits could now be a real thing.
• Small-Medium sized conflicts become more regular.
• holding a station means something.
• risk matches reward or atleast closer.
I think if we made the changes to the orca and porpoise we might see more low sec operations. But the above just blends hi sec no risk vs risk. Want to solo mine safely warp to the belt for some veld or want to get that ABC ore then warp to joes station and be ready.
Other then that I think it’s time to go back to null. Good ores, better bonus for research, manufacturing, good ratting, better PI and pretty much safer then hi sec. just need to find a pretty casual Corp for a casual gamer with no fleet requirements.