Returning player...oh boy

Been at least 10yrs since last logging, and longer since i played seriously. Back then I was in a substantial alliance with 2 accts, and stuff all over nullsec, including my clone. I’m currently in Fountain…WELCOME BACK! :rofl:

Thinking of where to start…probably a sub so I can fly my rigs, and sell stuff. Researching game changes, ships, gear, etc. Why am I doing this again? Seriously though, I loved playing, and since i just upgraded my PC, I’m down to see if it fits again.

I would appreciate input from the community on how to approach my reintroduction.

Thanks!

Welcome back. :slight_smile:

:rose:

1 Like

tnks!

Ha, I’m in the same boat. Been about 10 years since I last played. A lot has changed. If it makes you feel better, I was logged out in space in a carrier when I returned. I was able to get it home safe, but for example, cyno frigs are no longer a thing.

Ten years is forever in any game’s life time. I have only been playing the past few years and much has changed in my existence here. You may wish to role a new character to get a feel for those changes.

That was then, this is now;
Then: When I arrived we had PvP on day one, paint a bullseye on your back when you undock.
Now: We have a new region called Exordium for 30 day rookies, but vets are allowed to go in there too. It is a safe place where there is no player killing allowed.

Then: People subcribed to this game 10 years ago, I think?
Now: Alphas like myself have the options; play alpha forever ( as I do ), grind to plex for omega, or pay cash for omega.

Then: When I started space rocks had actual names, it gave this game some level of reality.
Now: All rocks are graded as 0, 1, 2, or 3. The devs told me, I am too stupid to understand their genius. I am not kidding, there is a video. That made me so mad, I stopped playing here for a while.

Then: We have this small HUD showing us some ship stats.
Now: They are making us a new HUD 3 times the size of the old one. More clutter on the screen.

Welcome back to Eve Online!

Mine safe :pick:

WB

Join a corp/alliance which suits your playstyle/timezone, EvE is still mostly about how many mates you have.

If all else fails join EvE Uni. and go to classes to (re)learn how to play.

have fun!