Returning player, system spec

Been 8 years since I played and tbh can’t be bothered to research system requirements. I’m going to be buying a new system with two screens for three clients. Would like to have settings maxed when mission running, I would probably turn settings down in large fleet battles. Has anything dramatically change in what I will need to run a smooth system?

I know that large fleet battles will result in horrific lag and node crashes, so more interested in ultimate pve setup.

Thanks

The 64 bit client can take advantage of more memory - reducing the disconnects and client crashes is large fights - 16Gb should be the minimum. Choose an M.2 drive for storage - orders of magnitude faster than mechanical hard drives and quite reasonable pricing these days. Otherwise, a midrange processor like the Ryzen 5 3600 and midrange graphics like the GTX 1050 or RX 570 should serve you well for 1080P. If you’re planning 1440P or 4K graphics you should consider a more powerful graphics card.

1 Like

Sounds like current mid range hardware should do just fine.

My system is largely low-mid ranged old hardware and I can multibox in potato mode or run one client with decent settings. I just got a 1660ti but my current CPU (early i3 8+ years old now) is bottlenecking hard, don’t think I’ve seen the GFX card go over 20% usage. Hopefully will get a current gen i5 or ryzen 3600 for better performance there. I have 8GB of ram which is enough for a few clients, but add in a few extra 3rd party apps and web browsers and ram gets tight, so as said 16GB is probably a good starting point.

so yea my system that used to run eve rather well doesn’t do so good these days. CCP has done a bunch of graphical updates over the years.

1 Like

Sounds like what I was thinking tbh, I’ll get a new mid range system and go from there. Thanks

i would sugest you think about a ryzen 3700X … it has a grad price to $ balance
i would not buy a 10X0 geforce anymore … the 1660 is cheap now

M.2 ssd harddisk --> yea no question about that!

aner min of 16GB or maybe 32GB … you know a few months and you have a 9 char mining fleet :wink:

JuuR

Was thinking an i7 with a RTX 2700 super, 32g ram. Probably overkill, but i won’t need to mod it for a while :joy:

Intel is to expensive in my opinion … and the 9xxx i7 are a joke … lost some stuff for the i9 … buy a AMD

I’ve never had an intel rig tbh, this would be a first. I always had amd, but thought that the i7 has more power?

The 3rd generation Ryzen chips from AMD are fabricated using a 7nm process - Intel is still stuck at 14nm - first time AMD has a new process node before Intel and they offer significantly better price/performance in the midrange. Intel & Nvidia still own the high end if you want bragging rights but AMD is much better value. I’m using a Ryzen 5 3600X and doubt you’ll need anything more powerful for Eve.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.