Returning player who will no longer return due to price hike

Sorry, can’t answer, I don’t know who Chribba is.

However you were totally ready to pay $15/month for that toilet paper.

The COVID-19 pandemic has been associated with a worldwide increase in toilet paper hoarding. However, CCP failed to turn this into an advantage for them.

1 Like

Maybe they should sell EVE themed toilet paper in the merch shop. Any true FW player would joyfully use toilet paper with their FW enemies’ logos for wiping. Not to mention how many would eagerly buy toilet paper with null bloc alliance logos on them for the same reason. :wink:

1 Like

I didn’t even NOTICE prices increased. I just log in to set skills and collect stuff. Found out through this thread after deciding to see what Forums are saying about the atrocious state of the game.

This game hasn’t moved in any positive direction. I just unsubscribed all three of my accounts. CBA to pay 60$ a month.
No BOGO/incentives for multi-account players…going back to the OSRS.

It’s an absolutely dead and backward game. Zero sense of accomplishment, zero sense of reward. I don’t think CCP understands the psychology that makes games succesful.

I get that lots of people don’t watch fanfest, read the forums or even check emails.
So I understand how you missed the price increase. I’m sure you missed the 25% off three month subs for multiple accounts.
So it’s more like $40 a month for your three accounts.
I also understand that the price is not your real issue.

Yes, the price was just a concluding point at this development.
CCP’s marketing strategies are a joke. Their desperation rings loudly through them, but no one is laughing.

1 Like

Perhaps the offer they sent you is different than the one they sent me. It’s 25% off 1-month subs on the alts, after you pay full price on main. It’s 15% off the 3-month, after you pay full price for main.

He’d be moving from $45 a month for 3 accounts, to paying $129.60 a pop every 3 months for a net price of $43.20 per month per account. Cheaper than now but some people find that jump from a frequent small bill to an occasional large bill a show-stopper.

People don’t think mathematical averages, they tend to have mental price points and sticker amounts they’re prepared to accept. “Under $50” is a charge many don’t mind seeing on their bills, whereas “well over $100” starts making them think they should put that money to use elsewhere.

This is one of the problems CCP has demonstrated over the years - they can’t translate their data and charts into player behavior terms, and so they keep shooting themselves in the foot over issues that any player group could easily tell them will cause problems.

You are correct, I remembered wrong.

yeah
what a looser , cant even spend money on a video game
right ?

He made you jealous of him.

I’m not jealous… so he hasn’t done anything?

…There goes Aiko, trolling again…

:confused: Dang…
Chribba developed many heavily-used third-party tools for EvE. He is probably one of the most influential EvE players there has ever been. Everybody trusted Chribba so much that he built a thriving business escrowing capital ship sales between folks. He did a LOT for EvE.
Do a quick search on him, you’ll see.
Here is an article about him from 2014…a different era for EvE…

1 Like

…and you believe it?

Anything specific? Sounds like exaggeration. For someone who did SO MUCH, it is strange that nobody can think of anything specific.

Yes, I was there. Were you not? Did the EvE thing for a while hun.

Something specific Chribba did for EvE is easily found - but you will have to open your eyes just briefly to look at it I’m afraid…sorry. Why don’t you take a minute and read the short article I linked right above?

I’ll even save you the several arduous seconds it takes to do a search on “chribba eve” and do it for you. Here. Here is the very first search result. Go ahead, read it. It’s also very short (like the article I already linked) and has links to three of the sites/tools he made for EvE:

1 Like

I see no evidence that Chribba has done anything noteworthy.

It all sounds like exaggerated hype. If you want me to believe that Chribba did something significant, you need to provide evidence.

The article asks: Veldfleet aside, what do you feel is your biggest accomplishment in relation to EVE? This indicates that the “biggest accomplishment” of Chribba was mining in Highsec. WoW! I believe that was his biggest accomplishment! He then describes his second greatest achievement: “being invited to hold presentations at EVE Vegas”. Woah, that is truly amazing stuff. Epic!

Here is a direct quote from Chribba, describing his own experience.

I’m usually spinning the ship and relaxing in the belts

Please allow me to encapsulate my feelings as to what you believe or not;;

I don’t give half a cold pile of Fedo kek if you choose to ignore the mountain of easily obtained evidence available. *shrug

2 Likes

If you don’t care, why are you writing long paragraphs and linking articles about Chribba. You do care - but you realize I’m right, and don’t want to admit it. You can’t think of anything Chribba actually did, and you can’t provide any evidence he ever did anything other than AFK mine in Highsec. Those are the facts!

Chribba might be the greatest and most trustworthy player in history - but I heard the same thing about Erotica 1, Overmind Niminen, loyalanon, WaTeR Ubersnol, James 315, The Mittani, Elf Boy, Vily the Triple Trader, Vrexia Snow, and even myself.

Benefit for eve subscribers is they can wipe after every login reward.

2 Likes