Rogue Drone apprehended at Nudist colony during search for Hover Tights Killer!

News reaches Gutter Press that a Rogue Drone wearing a human suit was apprehended by Coriault law enforcement agencies, during a search operation at a nudist colony, aimed at finding the Hover Tights Killer, a serial murderer active in the constellation.

The Hover Tights Killer is the suspect in several murders on space stations primarily in the Coriault constellation, with as many as 57 murders attributed to them, all conducted with pairs of tights marketed to capsuleers under the “Hover” brand. The tights are constructed from a very strong material more commonly used by the Sisters of Eve rescue teams for emergency rope systems.

Coriault law enforcement agencies conducted a raid at the Paradise Glades naturist colony on Agrallarier III, following a tip-off. While no sign of the Hover Tights Killer was found, officers discovered one of the people at the colony was not human, but was actually a Rogue Drone humanoid infiltrator unit wearing a human suit.

The drone, named locally as “Surenna”, appeared to residents as a young Intaki woman, and did not appear out of the ordinary, behaving in the same manner as any other resident of the colony.

Paradise Glades residents expressed concern to Gutter Press over the incident, and the conduct of the law enforcement officers during the raid.
“I can’t believe Surenna was a Rogue Drone. That’s just so out-there !”, said one resident.
“She was the top player on our volleyball team. Now what are we going to do ?”, lamented another resident.
“Those policemen just marched in here like they owned the place. Wearing uniforms ! I’ve never been so disgusted in my life. How dare they!”, fumed another resident.
“If you’re going to wear uniforms to a naturist colony, at least have the decency to wear transparent ones!”, opined a fourth resident.

Coriault law enforcement remained quiet on the fate of Surenna, and what crimes she may be charged with, though many law enforcement agencies in the Federation have adopted the practice of deporting non-violent Rogue Drones to the Drone regions, rather than have them clog up the justice systems, a practice that has a mixed reception from the Society for Equal Rights for Artificial Beings, a campaigning group active in several parts of the Federation.

The Hover Tights Killer remains at large.

Gutter Press. News.

13 Likes

I doubt it was an infiltrator, probably just an other malfunctioning prototype sex bot.

2 Likes

What is so Rogue about behaving in the same manner as any other resident of the colony?

3 Likes

Gutter Press. Delivering the naked truth.

6 Likes

Nobody goes to a nudist colony just to become the star volleyball player.

1 Like

I think it’s the other way around. They become a volley ball player to become the star at the nudist colony.

2 Likes

Why not? I would go just to see the star volleyball player.

1 Like

That was not the first headline that I would expect to read.

1 Like

When I see things like this, I thank God that I was born in to the Empire. At least everything there makes sense.

1 Like

I am sure the Non-violent rouge drones being sent away are wonderful people and the Federation is sending away valuable individuals, I wouldn’t be surprised if there weren’t some working closer to me than I realized, contributing just as much as the humans.

1 Like

what the ■■■■

2 Likes

Free Surenna, the Rouge Drone!

1 Like

I certainly don’t find all “rogue” drones to be more rogue than biological humans.

2 Likes

To those who would symphasize with the Rougue Drones, and to those who would damn them all: you may want to research the ecological concept known as the “competitive exclusion principle,” as well as that concept’s limitations.

1 Like

The Truthbearer hath spoketh.
Now go forth and drink from the Fountain of Knowledge lest ye be led astray by primitive instincts and emotions, ye ordinary peasants who may view sentient machinery in a good or bad way. For truly bearing any kind of emotion towards such is a step away from enlightenment.

1 Like

This is a misunderstanding, I believe. I’m not advocating any opinion at all towards the Drones, or lack of opinion. I wanted to bring up a concept relevant to the debate, that is all. I apologise for being unclear.

1 Like

Oh it was just a lighthearted comment, no apology required.

1 Like

However, I believe that this misunderstanding may lead us to an interesting point. You are correct that is it only natural and just to have emotions towards individuals; better understanding the individual (empathy) is what emotions are, in large part, for. To ignore them would be cold and in many cases it would lead to cruelty and injustice. However, when dealing with groups so large we cannot even imagine them intuitively (like for example, the “rogue drones” as a whole), excessive emotion can lead us to “miss the forest for the trees” and see the individual as representative of the group as a whole. For this reason when dealing with entities that we cannot understand intuitively it is important to temper our instictive emotional reactions with dispassionate logic and science.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.