Rolling Thunder - New Update on 22 Sep

Very much needed after the booster nerf. Not quite as strong as their original bonus, but a good balance!

With all faxes using 1 cap booster was thinking this should apply to all of them?

Blops still suck for using attacking but resistance increase means not as bad for a cyno. Widow still needs an overhaul.

Edencoms ships are still bad in general. I think I would rather see fixed on the ammo range and then change the numbers of ships hit.
Ex. Ammo A. Only hits 1 target but does max damage to it.
Ammo B. Hits 2 targets but only does 80% to the primary and 45% to the secondary.
Ect from there and % can be balanced from there.

Other rants Mummians need a nerf. Zealots need a buff.

3 Likes

oh nice although the changes on edencom ships are not very huge but still an improvementā€¦

Why does the Edencom Vorton projector hit its own Drones when they are deployed?
I donā€™t know of any other ship that targets its own drones and inflicts damage on them.
Or is it just me?

4 Likes

Any word on fixes for their T2 ammunition and modules? T2 vorton ammo is currently the single most expensive ammo per-shot in the entire game, capital ships included.

1 Like

Most skills (except specialization and invention) can be bought directly from the character sheet. You do not need to submit yourself to being gouged.

2 Likes

I heard you guys went into null and it was not as you expected. Just pulling from memory I believe it was said " the only thing this fires is good vibes". Perhaps player feedback isnā€™t completely worthless? Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have to check with the null alliances first of course.

Yes. The bitterness is real.

3 Likes

Wow i was so sure that they arenā€™t added in this system just like triglavian stuff so i didnā€™t even checked :flushed: Thank you! Already training :smiley:

But it still apply for the specializaton skills. Hope the prices will drop soon.

If this patch sets any precedent, they wonā€™t. CCP clearly does not understand why it is these ships are expensive. This patch will have no effect whatsoever on the price of EDENCOM items on the market.

3 Likes

Now can we address the issue about the price of ammo and volton projector modules? I mean when the tech 1 gun is worth nearly half the value of the ship we have a problem.

Honestly - none of this will make me what to buy, build or fly any of these ships. Not a real fix to what any of them need. I suspect the Edcom ships will be trophies for some folks, that get pulled out for the Jita day parade of ships, and beyond that they are hanger queens.

5 Likes

If you make the Black Ops fuel bay 2160, then we can fit 72000 whole isotopes inside instead of 71666.66666666666666666666ā€¦

Please please please <3 <3 <3

8 Likes

Almost as if the EDENCOM ships were designed by CCP to perform badly against Trigs. :thinking:

Perhaps we will see elevated stats and decreased prices on them once CCP uses the Trigs to rearrange EVEā€™s landscape to their liking.

4 Likes

Cheap blops fit is 1.4bā€¦ Sure itā€™s only 70% as effective as a t1 battleship and need pimp to make it good, but you can still drop on something.

Still, for ~2b you can drop a carrier, much more dps/ ehp per isk spent.

2 Likes

The Item Cost is the driver, or rather the inhibitor, not the LP cost.:

The very basic version of an Edencom frigate requires:

Small Vorton Projector BPC (10 runs): 1000 Triglavian Sublight Telemeter, 50 Triglavian Transconduit Datacaster
Skybreaker (frig) BPC (5 runs): 100 Sublight, 750 Datacaster
Vorton Tuning Telemeter (10 runs) (weapon upgrade): 600 Sublight
any Condensor Pack (10 runs) (small ammo): 300 Sublight, 10 Datacaster

Total: 2000 Sublight Telemeters, 810 Transconduit Datacasters, no ISK, and 7000 LP (the equivalent of 24 ECā€™s solo up to trio)

For the most basic of fitted Edencom cruisers: 3300 Sublight Telemeters, 1370 Transconduit Datacasters, no ISK, and 10250 LP (35 ECā€™s solo - trio)

After running hundreds of ECā€™s solo since June and looting almost all wrecks, the tally is:
more than plenty of LP and very blue to Edencom,
2320 Sublight Telemeters
1657 Datacasters
(and 3 Triglavian Holographic Transcribers but I was lucky. The drop chance per EC is less than 1%)

So nope, still canā€™t even start to build a simple cruiser with simple weapon and simple anything elseā€¦ That initial speed bump to acquire the bpcā€™s is just too steep. With all respect, who cares about LP cost in this light.

11 Likes

Will we be seeing a look at marauders any time soon?

Theyā€™ve been pretty harshly effected by recent patches.

5 Likes

Need BPOā€™s for ammo.

The big question isā€¦ will Vorton guns also attack suspect players on-gridā€¦ cause if they do, they remain unusable in hsec setting or with other words canā€™t be used in invasion fleetsā€¦ what is the point of having them even then?

4 Likes

dear ccp, why does the panther have a velocity bonus? (not talking about the cloaked velocity bonus)
is it a nano kiting battleship?
regards
training minmatar battleship 5

1 Like

lol yeh, EDENCOM is a response to invasions yet we canā€™t use edencom ships to fight invasions

13 Likes