RonUSMC for CSM 16

The answer to all, but the last, of your questions is ‘True’.

I don’t know if Ron would create an account to endorse himself. You should ask him.
Meanwhile, considering how toxic this can get, I’d rather use a new character whose name reflects my username in Twitch.

2 Likes

Best of all: he wants to reduce the impact of and ability to form large coalitions which can influence large portions of the EVE map

Yet currently he is a part of the biggest coalition this game has ever seen. It’s sole purpose is to exterminate Goonswarm. So either you have no idea what you are talking about or Ron is a hypocrite.

2 Likes

There is a third option - perhaps you are wrong?

He has direct experience with what it means to be a part of a super large coalition. Unlike most of us. He has talked multiple times on this subject and described how toxic it can be to have such large coalitions in game.
In any case, while we are exchanging posts here he is live streaming, right now, and I am sure he can answer those questions/concerns.

2 Likes

If Ron doesn’t like big coalitions, why doesn’t he leave his big coalition??

The galaxy wonders…

4 Likes

The answer is obvious:
Quitting the coalition will not help remove the threat of others to create or sustain such large organizations.

He wants to change the game for the better, but that requires CSM/CCP work.

3 Likes

I’ve been a part of INIT and am now in Goonswarm so I think I have a pretty good idea of what it means to be a part of a large coalition. As for Ron’s live streaming right now, yes I know as I am watching it. However, I wouldn’t bother saying anything in his chat as his twtich followers get pretty toxic whenever someone says anything to contradict Ron’s propaganda.

1 Like

I think AFK bot mining is bad for the game, but I choose to not AFK bot mine.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

7 Likes

Ok. What is the question - a single question - and I will put it in his chat and see what happens?

BTW,
wanting to reduce the influence large coalitions have on the game is not propaganda, imo. It is a fair observation of what EVE has become and perhaps changes in that direction will make the game better.

1 Like

Does Ron see anything wrong with a game in which people AFK shoot AFK stations? I find it interesting that I’m always accused of shooting ships that don’t shoot back, and then I’m watching his stream and… that’s literally what he’s doing.

… and AFK bot mining is no longer a problem in EVE???
The other side of this is that you have to actually do something meaningful and change the game - to reduce AFK bot mining. I am not saying that this is easy or that you should have done more, but your actions, however admirable, had no impact on the game as a whole.

I’m a ganker. I am the solution to AFK bot mining, but Ron wants to stop me??

1 Like

I have not heard him say that he wants to stop those who demolish AFK bot mining. If anything I would imagine he would welcome changes to make your EVE life more fun … here, I will ask this in his Twitch chat. Lets see what happens. :slight_smile: (I hope he doesn’t like AFK Bot mining.)

2 Likes

I never said wanting to reduce the influence large coalitions have on the game is propaganda and if I wanted to ask Ron a question I could just post it in this thread or contact him directly. Unless in fact you are his campaign manager and fielding all his questions.

Dear gawd.
I am just another geek, like you, who has some free time and decided to post here.

1 Like

Ron/Redeem3r, I’ve asked if you would be willing to talk with me on a recorded format of your choosing, so we can debate and defend/attack each others views about gate camps being content or not content etc. I am currently running for CSM as well, and I think there is a lot to gain from this kind of conversation. I can promise you that I would be polite and cordial, would not use any foul langauge or even talk in any kind of reasonably perceived aggressive tone. This comes from a place of passion, on both our parts, I imagine. So I think it would be really productive to have this kind of talk in a format where people can listen, and make up their own minds from the talk.

Here’s the link for my post so you can see my positions on said subject matter.

I’m not after clout or more influence for my campaign, I’m really quite happy doing this on my own youtube account, your twitch account, talking in stations, or a neutral account that has 0 followers so only people who look up the talk can see it.

Here’s my youtube account so you can see it has only 5 subscribers.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday Ron, hope you enjoy the Molok.

Hello Isaac,
I agree that this would be an interesting conversation.
I do believe that gate camp mechanics should be changed, but my ‘solution’ is quite a bit different from what Ron is proposing.

I suppose the entire conversation will hinge on the premise that: Gate camps are unfair/unbalanced part of the game. Where by “unfair/unbalanced” I mean that the camper has practically 0 risk while engaging in this activity, while the traveler has all of the risk. If we agree that this is the case, then the desire is to make this balanced, which should mean that the risk for the camper should be increased. (It is entirely possible we disagree somewhere in the above and that will have to be cleared up.)

In any case, I am not running for CSM16 and your time will be best served if you talk with Ron about this.

1 Like

I would just encourage you to go through my loss mails, I have quite a lot of them to share. Some are stupid, and many are expensive, but a common thread among them is bait almost always works on gate campers, a lot of us grow complacent, we are not skilled players in the same way people like FW/Voltra are, I get hot dropped by accounts that I should really know better than to engage with, but this is a common theme, even the best campers like my friends in Fruleger who camp the exit of the asset safety pocket, we have been dunked their by worm hole guys, etc.

I think there’s a really interesting conversation to be had, and I would love to have it with anyone really, but It would be really nice to have it with Ron, since we have such diametrically opposed views on the issue. I imagine people who support his position, would love to hear it just as much as those who support mine would. So please if you ever get to talk with him, throw my name out there. I don’t mind using a PTO day just to make this kind of thing happen.

Thanks for the well written response, hope your day goes well.

2 Likes

CCP cannot, and most likely will not prevent people from joining up. Coalitions have no game mechanics supporting them as such, yet they exist. So do (parts of) blue donuts and rental space - perhaps the most miserable evolutions ever in EvE, without CCP ever having had the intention of creating those. It simply is emerging gameplay.

I am positive that people would still join and work together and set common goals even if by magic (or by “Ron”'s efforts) the creation of corporations would be made impossible. If “Ron” wants big coalitions or alliances to disappear, “Ron” should work from the inside, still the most efficient way. Just another flawed point on his agenda, as with the gate and pipe camping. Sounds awesome to some, but means very little. And there’s no need for taking away more play styles.

1 Like

I agree, some of this is pure emergent property of the game system and it is excruciatingly difficult to ‘fix’ (whatever that means).
It is, IMO, worth it to keep the awareness of this miserable awfulness (to expand on your adjective :slight_smile: ) and present it to CCP as often (and as succinctly) as possible, such that they (we) find a way to improve the game.